Author Topic: The dreaded CREDIT Crunch.??  (Read 19861 times)

texasboy

The dreaded CREDIT Crunch.??
« on: February 17, 2009, 08:40:20 am »
Well how has our global downfalls affected you personally. Are you still battling on without regard?
Jobs are dwindling,cash is the topic of the month,are you still rich enough not to worry.
I find myself cutting a few corners to save a a few ££`ss. More pasta and beans instead of steak. ;D
I have even cut my broadband back to 4Mb from 20 for a while,and less long trips/meals in the car.
Put some upgrades on PC on hold, and buying the extra Lottery ticket .
How are you all getting through??
cheers

Offline jnjnjnj

• View Profile
Re: The dreaded CREDIT Crunch.??
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:30:12 am »
With kids that want everything we have had to cut back tremendously in that field. I, also, have made sure to try to clip more coupons, less coke, and looking in every ad just to find the cheapest item I need. The thing about it is that I have always been pretty tight with the money, and only buy things we really need when not on sale, other than that everything else I buy is at least 25-75% off. And yes that is an all the time thing for me. Yes I have a husband that goes crazy because he will have to get his wants when it goes on sale.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 10:20:00 am »
Because I'm a pensioner, and don't have kids depending on me anymore, or a lavish lifestyle, it doesn't seem to be  affecting me, but it is affecting my kids. New cars, bathrooms, furnishings, etc, are put on hold for the time being.
At the risk of sounding like an old fart, the present situation might teach people to save their money, and buy things cash wherever possible. I know houses, and probably cars are an exception, but the amount of money saved is substantial.

Offline jnjnjnj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 10:29:18 am »
I agree with that we paid off all of our high credit cards five years ago and have just went to cash except house and one car payment and one small credit card just for credit scoring reasons

Offline olddays1

• Convivea News Anchor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 08:33:59 am »
Because I'm a pensioner, and don't have kids depending on me anymore, or a lavish lifestyle, it doesn't seem to be  affecting me, but it is affecting my kids. New cars, bathrooms, furnishings, etc, are put on hold for the time being.
At the risk of sounding like an old fart, the present situation might teach people to save their money, and buy things cash wherever possible. I know houses, and probably cars are an exception, but the amount of money saved is substantial.

We are about in the same boat billy however our son in law was layed off many months ago and can't find much work of any kind. Unemployment about to end and our daughter is dropping hints about not having anywhere to live. Been clearing out the spare bedroom for the grandkids!!

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 09:31:56 am »

We are about in the same boat billy however our son in law was layed off many months ago and can't find much work of any kind. Unemployment about to end and our daughter is dropping hints about not having anywhere to live. Been clearing out the spare bedroom for the grandkids!!

Same here Olddays...I got my youngest son  (24) living with me, he got made redundant 6 months ago, and 4 other children out there with partners and children, I have a four bed semi, two bedrooms are ready in case of emergancies. My children know they have somewhere to live, if the worst comes to the worst.

texasboy

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 09:57:59 am »
Good on you Billy. Was hoping the extra rooms were not available for spoils from the working mens club.lol.
I think everyone is more money aware these days, and thinks twice before spending the big bucks.
Smokes,booze,food, and whatevers left over goes on bills. ;D.
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 06:22:44 pm »
Good on you Billy. Was hoping the extra rooms were not available for spoils from the working mens club.lol.
I think everyone is more money aware these days, and thinks twice before spending the big bucks.
cheers

on my what???

:D

texasboy

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 05:14:58 am »
Good on you Billy. .
cheers

on my what???

:D

No pun intended. ;D
cheers

texasboy

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 04:48:34 am »
 ;D Not to worry folks. There are others out there struggling.
http://latestnews.virginmedia.com/news/uk/2009/02/26/rbs_boss_pressed_to_give_up_pension_1

Does he play football ???
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 08:05:49 am »
;D Not to worry folks. There are others out there struggling.
http://latestnews.virginmedia.com/news/uk/2009/02/26/rbs_boss_pressed_to_give_up_pension_1

Does he play football ???
cheers
I just watched this on the news....typical greedy fat cat [mad]

texasboy

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 06:42:28 am »
Maybe so Billy, but you can bet Sir Freds lawyers have done their homework and all is airtight. Nothing that theiving Brown/Darling can do about it.lol Maybe if they started looking in their own house they would see the misery they have had a big hand in against the people of the UK.
cheers

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 09:33:30 am »
Well I'm actually earning money for the first time and shops are having massive discounts all the time, so personally it's great  :D

I'm applying to a software testing job which I think I have a good chance at getting which will give me a lot more money, so I should be able to to afford a nice apartment near the city centre.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 06:39:56 pm »
Well I'm actually earning money for the first time and shops are having massive discounts all the time, so personally it's great  :D

I'm applying to a software testing job which I think I have a good chance at getting which will give me a lot more money, so I should be able to to afford a nice apartment near the city centre.

Nice one Quantum.....is all that studying showing dividends now? [high5]

Offline fuzzytomcat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 09:51:05 pm »
Hi All,

Well our little city of 30,000 people is $4,000,000 US dollars short for our school system and will be closing one or two and laying off the teachers. It's also a historic city "End of the Oregon Trail" and they have closed both our Museums and laid off twelve people. It is the oldest incorporated city west of the Rockies, Established in 1829 by Dr. John McLoughlin of the "Hudson Bay Company" incorporated in 1844 his home, historic also is open only once a week now.

Two days ago the Hilltop "US Bank" was robbed 150 yards from the police station and the robber got away with no clues.

Things are bad in river city .... hope things get better, two of my neighbors homes on the same block are now in bank foreclosure.

Fuzzy