RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: I am incredibly confused...  (Read 9849 times)

ShadowfoxXXX

I am incredibly confused...
« on: December 15, 2009, 07:24:52 am »
Does chip add the updated versions of scripts to the pack that gets automatically downloaded by bit che?
Or am I supposed to go through the forums and add every one that I want.
Cuz i noticed alot of scripts that supposedly work but aren't in the pack. and alot that are in it that don't work.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: I am incredibly confused...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 06:25:43 pm »
I collect them in the forums and add them to the script pack that gets automatically updated by Bit Che.

but, often you can get an updated or new script faster than waiting for the script pack to be updated by downloading it yourself in the forums.

some scripts, are not included in the default script pack, such as certain "specialty" sites, or foreign language only sites.

and, yes, there was some major maintenance needing to be done with the script pack. we have made some good progress so far, and more script updates will be coming out over the next few weeks as well!

merry christmas to all!  :D
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 06:30:15 pm »
Is there a way you can set bit che so it will tell me when the last time it actually updated the scripts? You can keep hitting update scripts and it will say successfully updated everytime. Anyway to make it so it will say "no new updates available", last update on so and so date?

Maybe someone has already requested this, but it would be a nice thing to add on the wishlist. :p

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 06:37:31 pm »
you dont have to do "Update scripts.."    that will manually update the scripts, regardless if you already have the latest or not.

but if you hit.. "Check for updates.."    it will check for both program updates and script updates, and let you know if either new are available.

and even simpler, if you have it set to "Automatically check for Bit Che updates", then you dont have to do either of those, and it will simply prompt you upon starting Bit Che if there is anything to update.  ;D
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 05:02:36 am »
Oh I see now, I'll just do Check for updates, that seems to work well. I don't have anything set on my comp to update automatically cause I like to know where my bandwidth is going (although Bit Che probably updates in a flat 2 seconds, lol)

Thanks though, I will do that from now on.

ShadowfoxXXX

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 09:37:11 am »
well ok then.  ;D

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 07:27:04 am »
it will check for program updates