RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Windows 7 - Incompatible?  (Read 10644 times)

TopFloorDjs

Windows 7 - Incompatible?
« on: June 29, 2010, 03:58:02 am »
Im using Windows 7 64bit with BitChe Guevara Ed and some of the buttons dont work.

Buttons not working: "Open Torrent", "Save Torrent As.."

Just a heads-up to Chip, hope you can get it sorted.

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
Re: Windows 7 - Incompatible?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 04:05:34 am »
Most of us including chip are running Win7 64bit and don't have any problems. Are you using an Administrative account? Are you using a language other than English in either Windows or Bit Che? Are you using a non-standard DPI/Text size?

Lastly, can you provide screenshots as well as a clearer description of the problem. ie. are the buttons greyed out, can you push them, etc

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 12:38:53 am »
peacefulguy, I moved your post to here: http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?topic=1704.0

TopFloorDjs

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 12:10:14 pm »
Here, i have recorded my screen while attempting to perform the actions i mentioned. As you will see, nothing happens. I am running standard install of BitChe in English.

Video - http://www.mediafire.com/?tji2jvmtngt

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 04:08:53 pm »
Thanks for the video. I think I know what the problem is, Bit Che, in order to function properly, has to detect your BT client. Once the BT client is detected, it will say the client being used in the bottom left. I don't see this on yours.

Now I'm not sure why the Save Torrent As doesn't work, but it might be a related bug. What BT client are you using? I'm sure you've heard of it, but I recommend www.utorrent.com

There should be a pop up asking if you want to use uTorrent as your default client when you open Bit Che. If it's bound correctly, it will say uTorrent in the bottom left right next to where it says the build number of Bit Che.

TopFloorDjs

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 12:27:36 pm »
Yes uTorrent is my default bit client. Ive just opened BitChe and found it does now say uTorrent. In exact: "Bit Che (GE) 1.0 Build 60 - [uTorrent]. It seems this may not be the problem after all :(
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:29:21 pm by TopFloorDjs »

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 01:03:00 pm »
If you're not running as admin try this fix:

Okay, I found a fix if you run as a non-admin on Windows 7.
So you need to go into the admins "C:\Users\AdminAccountWithBitChe\AppData\Roaming\Convivea" and copy the Bit_Che folder to
"C:\Users\Non-AdminAccount\AppData\Roaming\Convivea".
Once I did this my BitChe ran perfect under my Non-Admin account.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else right now as to why you're having these problems. I'm sure you've tried this but if not, do an uninstall and re-install it, make sure UAC isn't interfering with the installation.

Sorry about your problems and I wish I could be of more help. Unless I can reproduce the issue I won't be able to figure out what's causing it.

TopFloorDjs

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 01:34:00 pm »
Yes i am the only users on this system and i am an admin account. I hope somehow you can find a solution, thanks.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 11:33:28 am »
What AntiVirus are you using?  

the problem is probably something wrong with your "x.exe" which handles the "save torrent as.." and "open torrent".

attached is a screen shot of where the "x.exe" should be.

to verify, in Bit Che:

1. go to File
2. then Open App Data Folder
3. you should be at "C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Convivea\Bit_Che"
4. open the folder "scripts"
5. compare to the screen shot, you should have "x.exe" and it should be 116kb.

if its missing, check with your antivirus that it has not "auto-protected" or removed this necessary component of Bit Che.

thanks,
chip

PS... looks like some of your scripts are not updated as well.. can you do "About" | "Update Scripts".. ?  you should seen a new window popup and it downloads the latest script pack.

specifically  BTMon looks like its returing junk results for you..

« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 11:35:22 am by chip! »
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.