RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: [Old] - Bit Che 2.0 Release Candidate 4 - Build 35  (Read 297235 times)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che - 2.0 build 14 beta
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2012, 11:13:00 am »
OK,
Here's some feedback, Chip.

thank you!!! :)

a) Downloaded & installed on Win7-32 laptop. It would NOT launch. Have checked event viewer & used procmon to try to figure out why, but I can't see anything suspicious. No window pops up at all. Tried downloading twice. Tried changing compatibility settings, nothing. Laptop does have the old stable release on it.  I will play more to see if I can figure out why, but don't have a lot of time.

hmm, possibly there are some runtime files that are not included in Win7, but if the old release worked on it, then there shouldn't have been any problem there. maybe a folder permissions issue, or maybe it has something to do with bit_che.exe being compiled on a x64 machine. I'll have to do more testing myself there.

b) On main machine - Win7-64. Fine. The app launched & downloaded a DLL.  I performed a search, it found nothing. I noticed it had not checked any sites (!). I then *manually* downloaded the script pack & it worked. So that's a bug. On first install, it should download the script pack.

actually.. it does download the script pack automatically IF you have an empty script folder.. BUT, here, you had a previous installation which uses the same /scripts directory. I will change this to download the script pack IF you have no bit che 2.0 scripts in the /scripts directory OR its completely empty.

Another bug: The completion dialog after the scripts are updated is "All scripts are updated!12341234". This "feature" exists in the current (old) stable release, too.

it's using the language file from bit che 1.60 which is where that "12341234" gets pulled from. delete your /languages folder... OR move "bit_che.exe" to another folder and stick "settins.ini" in with "bit_che.exe" and you'll see that go away (since theres no language folder).  also you'll notice it downloads the script pack automatically theres no /script folder.

Another bug: I have the seeders column clicked to sort by seeders. As it scrapes the results, it does not auto-sort. When it has finished grabbing all results, it does not auto-sort. I had to manually click after the search was over. 3 times ("search descending -> no search -> search ascending -> search descending). ALSO (usability) shouldn't the app default to sort by seeders (descending)? Who wouldn't want this??
Fundamentally, though, the app does work.

YES!! I need that working.. driving me crazy!  :)  I think its both on the Results window and also the Torrents Details windows.

thank you for the feedback!! making progress :)
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline ID101

• Black Box Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2012, 05:55:37 pm »
Works as it should but the minor glitches listed before.
KAT support
Magnet support
If someone told me it is going to happen like a year ago I would't belive it!
BC works, update scripts works. Replaced exe of beta 10 and updated works as it should. Awesomely cool program!!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:16:39 pm by ID101 »

Offline finite

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2012, 09:27:35 pm »
Languages folder deletion has worked to fix the 1234 bug.
For anyone looking for it, its under %appdata%\Convivea
Warning - if you do this, 1.0 build 60 (old stable) will have some issues. Understandably.

Thanks Chip, for an really useful program.

Offline finite

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2012, 09:31:30 pm »
Ooh.. new bug.

Having more than one file selected in the search results, and performing "open torrent" only downloads one of the files..

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2012, 01:56:16 am »
thanks guys! great to have some feedback to encourage the development! :) I know its been a long road, but as you can see, i'm making progress!! :)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2012, 02:24:58 am »
a) Downloaded & installed on Win7-32 laptop. It would NOT launch. Have checked event viewer & used procmon to try to figure out why, but I can't see anything suspicious. No window pops up at all. Tried downloading twice. Tried changing compatibility settings, nothing. Laptop does have the old stable release on it.  I will play more to see if I can figure out why, but don't have a lot of time.

Windows 7 - 32 bit..  

I just tested beta 14 on a Win7 32bit test system and it worked with no problem (downloaded .dll and script pack upon start up). Ran it both as regular user and 'Ran As Administrator'. Also ran it from different folders:  User\Downloads,  User\Desktop, C:\, all with no issue. This machine is fresh install and does not have any prior version of Bit Che installed.

Can anyone else confirm a problem with Windows 7 32bit?

Offline finite

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2012, 05:38:14 am »
Hey Chip..
I've found the solution for Win7-32 (on my laptop anyway). Don't know what the cause is, probably registry.

Once I installed 1.0b60, the new betas all worked fine.

The laptop I was using had NEVER had Bit Che installed before.

So maybe there's a missing reg key or something.
Also, I did note that there was no %appdata%\Convivea until I installed the old version. This may be relevant too.

AnthonyB

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2012, 04:14:57 pm »
Ah crap... been waiting for you to get back from RL for the last few months, I don't check the forum for a couple of weeks, I miss 3-4 beta builds and now it's a 'closed beta'

Always happy to test and provide feedback (as I've done previously) if you would be willing to grant me access to the betas! :)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2012, 06:40:45 pm »
Hi AnthonyB!

You can grab the latest beta from this link:
http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1893.0;attach=1776

Should have beta 15 ready by Friday with some more cool features :)

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2012, 07:30:25 am »
Then removing all registeries from a previous installation of Bit Che from Win7 32bit before installing the latest Beta version is best? May I recommend Unclean. Now about Win7 64bit... ...any bugs from anyone??? What about Vista's 32/64 bit.

TheHalf™

AnthonyB

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2012, 04:59:48 pm »
Thanks chip!

Offline ID101

• Black Box Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2012, 04:12:03 am »
Then removing all registeries from a previous installation of Bit Che from Win7 32bit before installing the latest Beta version is best? May I recommend Unclean. Now about Win7 64bit... ...any bugs from anyone??? What about Vista's 32/64 bit.

TheHalf™

Vista is nearly the same product as 7, installers are the same, enviromental paths and so on. What is to discuss?

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2012, 07:25:34 am »
well, bit che "itself" leaves no registry entries*..  but it does require the MS Runtime libraries which are pre-installed on all Vista+ Windows machines. I can only guess that one of those files were not properly registered.. or corrupt, etc, which the Bit Che installer "setup" actually goes through and makes sure those files are ok.

So, when the beta is finished, I will package it as both the installer "setup" and a bare-bones "portable" version.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!!   Please keep it coming.

Areas I'd like some more Feedback:

a.  Magnet --> Cache Check  (searches cache sites for a matching .torrent and loads it)

b.  In results search filter  (top right 'Filter' box)..  [make sure you have unlocked Bit Che Plus in order to see it]

c.  'Scrape' the tracker's for real-time Peer information -- hit the Scrape button on the Torrent Details.

*except for if you use the Uninstaller and have Bit Che install the URL search protocol handler, but that does nothing to the "application".

Offline Boo Berry

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2012, 03:47:01 am »
I noticed the issues mentioned above, glad they're getting fixed. :D I hate to say it though, honestly the thing Bit Che 2.0 beta needs right now is a few more working scripts for popular sites like What.CD and RUTracker and official fixes for sites like The Pirate Bay.

Which reminds me, will the magnet support work on The Pirate Bay?

AnthonyB

« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2012, 10:42:45 am »
>> 'Scrape' the tracker's for real-time Peer information -- hit the Scrape button on the Torrent Details

Getting mized results. Seems to not work when the tracker selected is a pirate bay one for me. All others seem fine.