Author Topic: [Old] - Bit Che 2.0 Release Candidate 4 - Build 35  (Read 299688 times)

AnthonyB

Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che - 2.0 build 14 beta
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2012, 01:53:58 pm »
>> Magnet --> Cache Check  (searches cache sites for a matching .torrent and loads it)

Just tried a few magent links using the cache check and it all worked fine so far :)

Offline ID101

• Black Box Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2012, 09:02:47 pm »
Which reminds me, will the magnet support work on The Pirate Bay?
It already works. Update your scripts and enable TBP if it is required.

Offline Boo Berry

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2012, 04:02:41 am »
Only other suggestion I have is to customize the columns you want to see and able to hide the others.

Offline Exoskeletor

• Live And Let Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2012, 08:15:16 pm »
i have try it too:
About filter:
if you search fr example maddona and it shows you this result Give Me All Your Luvin - Madonna Nicki Mina
if you search for "Give Me Luvin" it doesnt show any result which is wrong. It only shows exactly results. Maybe to add an option next to the filter box with the options exact or any?
Where are the free sites?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:20:19 pm by Exoskeletor »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2012, 10:59:56 am »
i have try it too:
About filter:
if you search fr example maddona and it shows you this result Give Me All Your Luvin - Madonna Nicki Mina
if you search for "Give Me Luvin" it doesnt show any result which is wrong. It only shows exactly results. Maybe to add an option next to the filter box with the options exact or any?
Where are the free sites

Good catch!  I re-wrote the filter code to narrow down based on *any* search term. I think this is how most people will expect it to work.

will be working in beta 15
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2012, 11:00:19 am »
Only other suggestion I have is to customize the columns you want to see and able to hide the others.

I will try to add that in beta 15

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2012, 11:02:43 am »
>> 'Scrape' the tracker's for real-time Peer information -- hit the Scrape button on the Torrent Details

Getting mized results. Seems to not work when the tracker selected is a pirate bay one for me. All others seem fine.

pirate bay shut down their tracker, so naturally, that will fail. however, many torrent files still have pirate bay tracker hard coded into the file. I might consider having bit che auto add/delete trackers from .torrents, but I am leaning towards not adding any new features to bit che 2.0 and just polish up what we have now (one last new feature added in beta 15).

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2012, 11:03:29 am »
Ooh.. new bug.

Having more than one file selected in the search results, and performing "open torrent" only downloads one of the files..

can anyone confirm this?  multiple files seem to be working just fine for me..

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2012, 11:06:04 am »
b) On main machine - Win7-64. Fine. The app launched & downloaded a DLL.  I performed a search, it found nothing. I noticed it had not checked any sites (!). I then *manually* downloaded the script pack & it worked. So that's a bug. On first install, it should download the script pack.

Another bug: I have the seeders column clicked to sort by seeders. As it scrapes the results, it does not auto-sort. When it has finished grabbing all results, it does not auto-sort. I had to manually click after the search was over. 3 times ("search descending -> no search -> search ascending -> search descending). ALSO (usability) shouldn't the app default to sort by seeders (descending)? Who wouldn't want this??
Fundamentally, though, the app does work.

both fixed in beta 15.. should be ready by Wednesday/Thursday of this week.

Offline Boo Berry

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2012, 04:21:44 am »
If you right click on a magnet result from the Pirate Bay, it says it's a torrent. Shouldn't the reference be changed from torrent to magnet and download/open it as a magnet link? Also I randomly see the magnet icon next to the filename in the results turn black at random. Transparency issue?

Is anyone else having issues downloading the magnet links via right click (open torrent menu item or double click and from the dialog)? They open but they're blank in uTorrent.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:33:30 am by Venom »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2012, 07:44:11 am »
If you right click on a magnet result from the Pirate Bay, it says it's a torrent. Shouldn't the reference be changed from torrent to magnet and download/open it as a magnet link? Also I randomly see the magnet icon next to the filename in the results turn black at random. Transparency issue?

I noticed that icon transparency issue and have fixed it in beta 15.

I can change all the references in the context menu's to 'magnet' instead of torrent.

Is anyone else having issues downloading the magnet links via right click (open torrent menu item or double click and from the dialog)? They open but they're blank in uTorrent.

Since there is no 'information' in a magnet link (other than NAME & Hash), when you click one from a website, or open it from bit che, it will be sent to your downloader, and THEN the downloader will fetch all of the .torrent information AFTER it has connected to the peers/swarm, and announced itself as the downloader.

So, it will look blank when you open uTorrent with a magnet link. After it connects/begins the bit torrent download, then it will populate with the file name information, etc.

***However***, Bit Che can go "look for" a torrent matching the hash ID (the only information in a magnet) stored in known torrent cache sites. In order to do that, you will need to open the 'Torrent Details' and hit 'Check Cache'.  If a matching torrent is found, it will be loaded into Bit Che, and then you can send it to your downloader. This 'Check Cache' is a bit of magic that is performed, and if it finds one, great, if not, then you have to send only the magnet link to your downloader.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:47:01 am by chip! »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che - 2.0 build 15 beta
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2012, 05:19:04 pm »
Bit Che 2.0 build 15 - beta

new: script "packs" support  ;D  ;D  ;D  now users can add their own "packs", with different update servers, etc.   for example, if someone wants to host/manage 'anime' script pack!

new: bit che "default" script pack is now moved to GitHub! The scripts themselves are open source. Team members will be given access to modify the scripts directly, which will get pushed to the Convivea update server automatically! https://github.com/convivea/bit-che-2-scripts/

new:  new search button option filter [SIZE]!!!!  ;D  ;D

improved: Filter Results now matches  ["*exact*" AND "*text*"] instead of only "*exact text*"  (thanks Exo)

fixed: a number of minor bugs related to new features  (icon transparency, magnet/torrent label, sorting of the columns, downloading default script pack and enabling all scripts upon first download)   (thanks everyone!: ID101, Venom, AnthonyB )

I'm ready for your feedback!!

happy bug hunting.. there are still a few things to fix up regarding the User Interface, but its stable, fast, and worthy of testing! :)

this should represent a feature complete Bit Che 2.0, and from here on out, it will be fixing bugs, and getting it ready for public 2.0 release!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:56:07 am by chip! »

Offline ID101

• Black Box Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2012, 11:25:38 pm »
Number of scripts is lower than it was in 2.0 b14

Config is now stored in profile - how to make bitche portable - store config from profile inside of bitche folder?

There is still  no custom proxy support - to prevent censorship and other networking issues.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2012, 12:50:33 am »
Number of scripts is lower than it was in 2.0 b14

Config is now stored in profile - how to make bitche portable - store config from profile inside of bitche folder?

There is still  no custom proxy support - to prevent censorship and other networking issues.

I think I removed a couple scripts that weren't working such as rutor? Not positive, but in any case, once bit che is a little more polished, then myself and the others will continue to convert the old scripts to the new ones. Right now that's low priority.

for portable, still only need to have settings.ini in the folder with bit_che.exe. you can copy the scripts folder too, or bit che will download them again.

I will add proxy support. Maybe in the next beta.

I noticed a few more small bugs when using bit che beta on top of the old 1.60, such as missing profile names. I will fix that but it also works if you delete your old settings.ini and let bit che 2.0 start fresh.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che - 2.0 build 16 beta
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2012, 10:55:26 am »
Happy St Patricks Day everyone!!

Bit Che 2.0 build 16 - beta

new: HTTP/HTTPS proxy support  (no authentication for now, will bake in user/pass support next)
by default, it will use the System Setting for 'proxy server'. If there is no proxy configured (Internet Explorer/Windows Connection Settings), then it will make direct connection. You can also force using a given proxy server by editing "settings.ini" under "[proxy]" and changing "server=" to the server name you want, then changing the value of "UseProxy" to "2".  I will make support for this in the preferences before we get much further in the betas.

fixed: a number of minor bugs related to new features  (missing profile name, scripts not downloading, etc)

Thanks everyone who has provided feedback!  Please keep it coming :)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:16:46 pm by chip! »