RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: [Old] - Bit Che 2.0 Release Candidate 4 - Build 35  (Read 297274 times)

Offline teorouge

• View Profile
Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che - 2.0 build 18 beta
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2012, 01:34:08 am »
hi teorouge.. I haven't tested with Win8 yet but I was told it should work.

can you go to this folder, and then .rar/.zip up all the folders that have bit che in the name?

%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive

type this in either Start | Run or hit  "Windows Key + R"

then post it back here? I'll see if I can find out why its not starting.

I can do that if you want but I only have 2 entries related to setpoint.exe (Logitech mouse utility) and 1 to a Windows Defender report. Thing is I can't even see the process appear in Task Manager when I launch the app, no matter what OS compatibility mode/admin rights I set. Please note I don't have any other AV other than Microsoft Defender (in Windows 8 it integrates Microsoft Security Essentials functions) and I even added a rule to the Windows Firewall just in case: don't know what versions were using the ones you heard about but things were perfectly fine with previous build (<8400), now in Release Preview (8400 official by MS site) I can't do anything at all with BitChe and I really miss it. I even tried to download the zip again but to no avail. :(

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2012, 04:07:10 am »
teorouge

sounds like there aren't any error reports so its actually not loading and crashing. so dont bother sending me any of those reports.

but, can you check the Window's application log (shown in the screen shot) to see if any events are generated when you try to launch Bit Che?

ps, my guess is the problem lies with ms common controls module and a manifest conflict (simple fix once we have the correct files).
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline teorouge

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2012, 09:07:06 am »
teorouge

sounds like there aren't any error reports so its actually not loading and crashing. so dont bother sending me any of those reports.

but, can you check the Window's application log (shown in the screen shot) to see if any events are generated when you try to launch Bit Che?

ps, my guess is the problem lies with ms common controls module and a manifest conflict (simple fix once we have the correct files).

Nothing over there either, not in Applications or any other report. Just name the files you need, if I can provide I'll gladly send them.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2012, 10:37:08 am »
hmm.. ok,  how about,  does the 2.0 beta work after you install Bit Che 1.0 build 60?

i'll download the 8400 preview release and give it a test.  are you using x64 or x86?

Offline teorouge

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 07, 2012, 02:05:01 am »
Installed version 1 and latest Beta does work now... guess it just needs a few more files in the beta .zip. ;)

Offline Boo Berry

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 07, 2012, 04:31:03 am »
Honestly, I'd try it with a new installer with the required files before installing it over 1.0 build 60 on Windows 8. Shouldn't be that hard to whip one up that's fully UAC compliant and everything.

Offline BugMeNot

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 07, 2012, 10:34:08 am »
Bit Che 2.0 build 18
Windows 7 SP1

bug:
in the context menu, "Torrent URL > Clipboard" copies the torrent name but not the url

feature request:
"Source page URL > Clipboard" in in the context menu

Thank you for Bit Che!

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 08, 2012, 01:44:08 am »
thanks BugMeNot!  I fixed the first bug already in build 19 (likely release next week) and I'll shoot to add the second request as well.

Offline Exoskeletor

• Live And Let Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 09, 2012, 09:54:52 am »
thanks BugMeNot!  I fixed the first bug already in build 19 (likely release next week) and I'll shoot to add the second request as well.

Featre request:
On the filter result make a checkbox named not containing or something. when we check it, it must hide all the results that have the word we have type. In that case if we are searching for a movie and we dont want to have cam quality we can use this with the word "cam"
what do you think?

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2012, 03:55:23 am »

Featre request:
On the filter result make a checkbox named not containing or something. when we check it, it must hide all the results that have the word we have type. In that case if we are searching for a movie and we dont want to have cam quality we can use this with the word "cam"
what do you think?

great idea... i'll work on a toggle include/not include, although i'll have to update the entire 'search' code so it might not be a quick/easy change for me. but i'll see what i can do. thanks exo!

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2012, 05:26:56 pm »
Exo.. I updated the filter to respond in the same way that the 'search' box handles keywords..   'included -notincluded' so that way you can use one filter box and it will support both 'include these keywords' and '-remove -these -words' at the same time.

for example..  'xvid -cam'

of course, you can remove entries with 'cam' from the initial search using '-cam'.

made a little more progress on Build 19 tonight. I've settled the way we will handle the 'Ratio' column. I will try to package in an actual setup/package.exe later this week.

Offline Exoskeletor

• Live And Let Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2012, 03:07:38 am »
Exo.. I updated the filter to respond in the same way that the 'search' box handles keywords..   'included -notincluded' so that way you can use one filter box and it will support both 'include these keywords' and '-remove -these -words' at the same time.

for example..  'xvid -cam'

of course, you can remove entries with 'cam' from the initial search using '-cam'.

made a little more progress on Build 19 tonight. I've settled the way we will handle the 'Ratio' column. I will try to package in an actual setup/package.exe later this week.

very nice chip. im waiting for the next beta version (maybe a popup message when we hover the mouse over the filter box to notify the users for this feature?)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:11:43 am by Exoskeletor »

AnthonyB

« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2012, 03:27:23 pm »
I regularly notice an issue with torrets from KickAssTorrents.com

When I open torrent details from search results, the only info in the Torrent Details window in the Name column is "keep-aliveDa"
To open these torrents I always have to click 'Open Page' and then open the torrent from the website.

Is this an issue with the script?

Am using Bit Che 2.0 b18.

Offline Exoskeletor

• Live And Let Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2012, 04:14:31 am »
this might be a site script problem
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 07:30:39 am by Exoskeletor »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 15, 2012, 03:10:45 pm »
thnx guys..   that required a script tweak and a engine tweak, they are playing with referrer requirements, but i got it working  ;)

working on getting an installer edition of beta 19 ready.. maybe tonight if all goes well.