RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: OLD: Bit Che 2.0 - Latest Version -- Build 60 (April 11, 2013)  (Read 260080 times)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: Bit Che 2.0 Beta - Latest Version -- Build 24 (August 30, 2012)
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 05:38:57 am »
First of all, a big thanks for your GREAT work.

I wanted to inform you about two problems in the newer BitChe 2.0 Beta (maybe you already know):

1) A lot of times, activating a row of a searched torrent ("double click" or "right click + open torrent") causes BitChe to close to Desktop without any warning (tested on Win7 and Win8 [both with 64bit] on two different machines). Sometimes you need to start BitChe 3/4 times and try to open the desidered torrent before being able to add it to your torrent software (if can help, I'm using uTorrent 1.8.5, really old, but seems a lot faster than any version after 2.0). Since uTorrent isn't actived in any case, I don't think (but not sure) that the problem is connected with the torrent 'cacher' software. It never happens with previous version of BitChe (1.0)

2) Installing BitChe 1.0, after having installed BitChe 2.0, causes the tab columns to mess up (really small width): as you can view from the linked image (tested on WinXP, Win7 and Win8)

Thanks!

1.  I assume you are testing the latest 2.0 build 24?  I am curious if you tried any of the previous builds and if those builds had the same problem?  Lastly, have you made any modifications to Bit Che 2.0 or used a cracked version of 1.0?  And, while you're at it, maybe try turning off your anti-virus program (what is it?)?   I develop on Win7 64bit English and have not had those problems without it being related to modifications/cracks or anti-virus. But it could be something new. What language is your OS?

2. Sounds like a bug with 1.0 loading the 'settings.ini' which gets upgraded to 2.0 format when its ran. Unfortunately, 1.0 is no longer supported so I cant fix that "downgrade" issue with 1.0, but you can fix it by deleting 'settings.ini' and restarting Bit Che 1.0.  Otherwise, you can create another directory for 2.0 and copy 'settings.ini' to it, and run 2.0 and 1.0 sidebyside...  but keep in mind, there likely arent going to be 'official' script updates for 1.0 since my main efforts are getting 2.0 finalized and out the door :).
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 06:28:54 am »
So where do I put my scripts to stop it deleting them.
I have had to download my scripts from here a couple of times at present this is a big flaw.

well, concept is that the 'default' script pack is a protected and fully synced.  i think that is best for the majority of the users.  that way we are not combing 'default' script pack with other scripts and then having some out dated, old, not synced, deleted.. etc.

for developers, and for testing.. put any scripts in a new script pack/directory. 
a. create new directory in /scripts/<name> 
b. create a new 'bcs.<name>.ini' file

you can copy /scripts/default over to /scripts/<name> and edit or test those. they remain untouched when updating 'default' script pack

then, you can toggle which 'script pack' you are using ('default' or '<name>' in the Bit Che GUI using the menu or the button under the Script List.

idea is that if you have fixed script, then it should get sent to the GitHub so that the /script/default/ is auto updated on any user who has that option selected.  note, you can turn off 'auto update default script pack' in the Preferences.

also, relevant, lets say the user wants another script pack..  such as 'anime'.  anyone can create and maintain a 'anime' script pack and the pack can have its own update check and can keep that fully in synced too.

open to suggestions on this :)

This is just way to complicated why do I need to create a bcs.<name>.ini file cant Bitche tell there is a new folder present.

Why am I limited to selecting either the Default script pack or the new one why can't I select both.

If I select my new script pack and want to go back to the default pack I get an error Feature Disabled in Freeware Edition(though not if I register Bit Che) shouldn't this just lock onto the default pack?
It also took me to an error 404 page http://www.convivea.com/bc_plus.php

Perhaps scripts should have versions in them as some only work some versions of 2.0 beta.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:41:15 am by Bovski »

Offline depmodey

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 08:13:53 am »
First of all, a big thanks for your GREAT work.

I wanted to inform you about two problems in the newer BitChe 2.0 Beta (maybe you already know):

1) A lot of times, activating a row of a searched torrent ("double click" or "right click + open torrent") causes BitChe to close to Desktop without any warning (tested on Win7 and Win8 [both with 64bit] on two different machines). Sometimes you need to start BitChe 3/4 times and try to open the desidered torrent before being able to add it to your torrent software (if can help, I'm using uTorrent 1.8.5, really old, but seems a lot faster than any version after 2.0). Since uTorrent isn't actived in any case, I don't think (but not sure) that the problem is connected with the torrent 'cacher' software. It never happens with previous version of BitChe (1.0)

2) Installing BitChe 1.0, after having installed BitChe 2.0, causes the tab columns to mess up (really small width): as you can view from the linked image (tested on WinXP, Win7 and Win8)

Thanks!

1.  I assume you are testing the latest 2.0 build 24?  I am curious if you tried any of the previous builds and if those builds had the same problem?  Lastly, have you made any modifications to Bit Che 2.0 or used a cracked version of 1.0?  And, while you're at it, maybe try turning off your anti-virus program (what is it?)?   I develop on Win7 64bit English and have not had those problems without it being related to modifications/cracks or anti-virus. But it could be something new. What language is your OS?

2. Sounds like a bug with 1.0 loading the 'settings.ini' which gets upgraded to 2.0 format when its ran. Unfortunately, 1.0 is no longer supported so I cant fix that "downgrade" issue with 1.0, but you can fix it by deleting 'settings.ini' and restarting Bit Che 1.0.  Otherwise, you can create another directory for 2.0 and copy 'settings.ini' to it, and run 2.0 and 1.0 sidebyside...  but keep in mind, there likely arent going to be 'official' script updates for 1.0 since my main efforts are getting 2.0 finalized and out the door :).

1) I'm using the latest build (24), without any changes or cracks. My antivirus is actually Norton Antivirus 2013 (retail [not cracked] version), but I had the same problem with the 2012 retail version. I had the same problem even with previous builds of the new 2.0 BitChe. I'm using Italian O.S. I will experiment and let you know

2) It's not really a problem, since you could rearrange columns width: it is just a bit strange and weird

Thanks for the quick answer.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 08:55:26 am »
This is just way to complicated why do I need to create a bcs.<name>.ini file cant Bitche tell there is a new folder present.

Why am I limited to selecting either the Default script pack or the new one why can't I select both.

If I select my new script pack and want to go back to the default pack I get an error Feature Disabled in Freeware Edition(though not if I register Bit Che) shouldn't this just lock onto the default pack?
It also took me to an error 404 page http://www.convivea.com/bc_plus.php

Perhaps scripts should have versions in them as some only work some versions of 2.0 beta.

a. bcs.name.ini file holds the Script Pack update URL and the CRC hash for the package, so each 'pack' can be synced. I can have Bit Che auto-create this file if a new /name containing scripts is detected, but point is, if someone wants to create their own 'script pack' and distribute a single .zip  then it would contain the bcs.name.ini and a /name folder  that holds the scripts. the single.zip file would be extracted to /script dir.

b. good idea to allow multiple packs to be selected. ill have to play with the design. i was trying to keep things simple with separate 'script packs'. but I can see that users might want only 1-2 additional scripts from another pack and also include them while searching with the 'default' pack.

c. i've decided to make 'script packs' standard feature so I will remove the plus/freeware check here.   and fix the 404 page.

d. there is currently a check and will ignore scripts that dont have 'version=2' in them.

thanks!

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 12:52:02 pm »
d. there is currently a check and will ignore scripts that dont have 'version=2' in them.

Yes but there are different versions of 2 the tpb script I did will only work on 2.0 Beta 16 - 2.0 Beta 24 when 2.0B25 is released it will need updating.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2012, 04:02:01 am »
Yes but there are different versions of 2 the tpb script I did will only work on 2.0 Beta 16 - 2.0 Beta 24 when 2.0B25 is released it will need updating.

yes, all scripts < 2.0b25 will be updated and the script pack will be pushed. b-16-24 will be depreciated and will not update to the new script pack. no one is encouraged to use a beta other than the latest version available, so its not an issue. however, what I will do, is change the version=2 into a '2.0.25' and make it act like a minimum version, so we can prevent a 2.0.x build from loading an older 2.0.x script (which shouldn't happen by script pack design, but still)..  this is only for future betas. since right now, i have 2.0b25 backwards compatible with b16-24 scripts anyway. :)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2012, 07:42:25 am »
bovski (all).. do you agree... we should initially include all scripts in all script packs (if there are more than 'default' script pack).. and then only exclude 'script packs' that the user has disabled?

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2012, 11:17:51 am »
All apart from adult & private would seem logical.

If all the private ones where turned on you would just get a flood of login requests.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:19:26 am by Bovski »

Offline Mighi23

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2012, 11:49:58 pm »
works wonderfully!!

Offline Boo Berry

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2012, 07:56:58 am »
I'll be doing some major testing on Windows 8 this week, so I'll report back if there's any problems. :)

Offline lamkelvin

• View Profile
Re: Bit Che 2.0 Beta - Latest Version -- Build 25 (November 3, 2012)
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 11:05:58 pm »
Working Perfectly on Windows 8 Pro Media x64 Version. >:D

Offline pcdoc

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2012, 02:36:02 am »
Using 2.0 Build 25 I get these same results no matter what I search for (even 'windows'):
Bitsnoop = 0
bittorrent = !
be-etree = !
fulldls = 50 (Always 50. If there are not 50 actual results it will remove the rest, so if there are no actual results it removes 50)
h33t = 0
IsoHunt = 0
KickAssTorrents = !
PirateBay = !
Rutor = !
TorrentReactor = !
TorrentZap = !
I get the same results on an XP Pro x32 and Win 7 x64 system. I have also tried updating and not-updating scripts. Deleted, redownloaded, and 'reinstalled' several times using CCleaner to remove all references to Bit Che in the registry and rebooting (2x for win7) before 'reinstalling'.
I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any furthur info. I love this program!

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 02:45:01 am by pcdoc »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2012, 04:30:56 am »
LOL.. thats what I get for putting up a beta while I am away from my computer :(

i'll have that fixed asap... home today :)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: Bit Che 2.0 Beta - Latest Version -- Build 26 (November 3, 2012)
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2012, 04:40:25 am »
EDIT: BUILD 26 has been posted to the OP.... full installer coming soon.

found the bug and fixed.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:50:25 am by chip! »

Offline loninappleton

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
Please give a simple link to the newest/latest bug free version here in this box.  I see a lot of talk about it but not a location.

My version 2.0 build 19 (a paid version for the donation etc) seems to update but refuses to scan any indexes any longer except the dead demonoid.

If this is a setting problem or something I can do , let me know. 

But I should be using the latest build and cannot get a precise location amidst all the talk here.

A better solution:  Chip send a PM. 

In any case I will watch for replies here for what to do next.