RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: FAQ -- [HOW TO] -- Create new or update existing Scripts for Bit Che 3.0  (Read 42191 times)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
[WORK IN PROGRESS FAQ]

1. Turn on Script Debugger: http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?topic=319.msg2810#msg2810

2. Learn about the Script Engine and Functions (3.0):  http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?board=25.0

3. Watch and learn from a Script in action:  
a. load up Bit Che, Hit F2 to ensure the Script List in visible, and select one single script (this will be the one you are going to watch)
b. Hit F12 to display the Script Debugger
c. launch a search in Bit Che
d. step through the Script line by line using the controls on the Script Debugger.
e. watch and learn as the functions are called, the variables changed, and ultimately the results are saved

4. After you get a handle of the Script Engine, the functions, and the Script Debugger, then you are ready to edit existing scripts (update/fix them?) and/or create your own scripts.  To create your own:
a. select "Open App Data Folder" from the File menu of Bit Che.
b. open the 'Scripts' folder
c. open the 'default' folder
d. put your new script here (copy an existing script file, rename, and edit it)

Bonus (optional, for advanced users):

5. Create your own Script Pack and host it for others:  http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?topic=2195.0

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 10:46:36 am by chip! »
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline AOK

• View Profile
Suggestion for a start of creating new script
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 02:27:49 am »
Hi.

I have a suggestion on additional INFO here about creating a new script. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Most of the torrent trackers use similar servers like these.
If there were a few TEMPLATE scripts that we could check and then use to try to customize and develop towards each unique torrent site would be a great starting point.

Don't you think?

EDIT: Mistaken URL link. Corrected.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:51:05 am by AOK »

Offline FantomX

• The Wierdo
  • Newbie Member
  • PTs Rock
    • View Profile
Re: FAQ -- [HOW TO] -- Create new or update existing Scripts for Bit Che 3.0
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 02:38:17 am »
Hi.

I have a suggestion on additional INFO here about creating a new script. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Most of the torrent trackers use similar servers like these.
If there were a few TEMPLATE scripts that we could check and then use to try to customize and develop towards each unique torrent site would be a great starting point.

Don't you think?
AOK
Most of the sites actually use Gazelle. XBT is use much less than Gazelle. On top of that, every tracker customizes the code and have different query code. So, in order to maintain each tracker, one has to be a member of all of them to make and test the script.

Offline AOK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 03:11:44 am »
Well I want to create two scripts that use XBT Tracker and both are local private trackers already requested here (arenabg.com & Zamunda.net).

I also am currently asking for BITME.org which I do believe to be to some extend a highly customized tracker.

My point is that trackers (I am talking of private ones where exclusive content is still to be found) are still using customized version not that shared tracker servers such as Gazelle.

A few basic samples (for those already developed) could be quite nice starting point tremendously shortening the learning curve of script writing for specific Trackers.

And since Bit Che is a search client it would be most appropriate here to be developed scripts of as many Tracker Servers as possible. No? ;-)

Offline FantomX

• The Wierdo
  • Newbie Member
  • PTs Rock
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 11:59:56 am »
AOK
Bit Che isn't associated with any tracker and the scripts we have were created with the help of users here who are members of the trackers. So, the chances of Bit Che being usable for all trackers are not very high. :(

As for Gazelle being shared, it is being used by BroadcastTheNet, PixelHD, AwesomeHD, What.cd, PassThePopcorn, Deli.sh and lztr. These are considered to be the best trackers in their respective categories. The reason that Gazelle is used by top tier trackers is that it is highly customizable and is very easy to work with. It can be bent according to the specific needs of a tracker.

If you want, I can provide a whole list of Gazelle based trackers along with category they fall in.

Offline AOK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 10:25:36 pm »
Hi FantomX:)

Nice chatting with you!

I think you are missing the point here. You try to convince me how unnecessary my suggestion is.
Here are a few things that might help you reconsider your opinion. And have in mind that opposing just for the sake of it doesn't in any way make my suggestion less a suggestion ;-)

Bit Che isn't associated with any tracker and the scripts we have were created with the help of users here who are members of the trackers. So, the chances of Bit Che being usable for all trackers are not very high. :(

What is the main and only purpose  of this program. Just do a google search and you will see it: Home of Bit Che - Torrent Search

Ergo "the chances of Bit Che being usable for all trackers" - to be higher is the sole purpose of my idea. A suggestion to possibly increase those odds.

The idea of creating the platform for custom search scripts for as many torrent sites as possible needs more people to get involved in the creation.

A few templates posted here can further increase the chances that someone like you and me would try to create one script or update another.

As for Gazelle being shared, it is being used by BroadcastTheNet, PixelHD, AwesomeHD, What.cd, PassThePopcorn, Deli.sh and lztr. These are considered to be the best trackers in their respective categories.
According to who? You?

1/ Well let stop development of this wonderful program. The developer could just hard-code the fews you named above. And everybody will be happy, now won't they?

2/ In my current (default) scripts I don't see neither LearnBits nor Bitme the best of the educational torrent sites. Let us not mention thevault. Of the three mentioned each is with invitations-only policy for a good reason. Quality, and narrow specialized unique content made them closed.

Bear in mind that there might be many TV/Movie junkies like you that might be sufficient with your premium selection of sites, but not everyone.

3/ I wouldn't be so persistent here but I saw on several occasions that those ones were requested as scripts already, but AFAIK with no results so far. The very few people (big thanks to them) that do write some in their spare time have enough on their shoulders.

The reason that Gazelle is used by top tier trackers is that it is highly customizable and is very easy to work with. It can be bent according to the specific needs of a tracker.
If you want, I can provide a whole list of Gazelle based trackers along with category they fall in.

I think that was the main reason to get you involved in this discussion as (for no reason if you ask me) opposing side.

You wanted to prove me that Gazelle is the top used tracker. Fine. Let it be. Whatever. I don't know it. And I don't care. It could be I don't deny it. Don't need to.

I named you two local for me torrent sites with local peering that suffice my needs of MOVIES and TV shows. This for me means downloading with 10 Megabytes not bits. I want to develop those.  And guess what: both were already requested for scripting here.

But why losing so much time in learning the script basics from scratch which is much harder than having something already made up and using it? Trust me I have written a few things myself.  Both as scripts and programs. ;) It is much harder to learn from the manuals than combined approach of reading the fucking manual (geeks' joke) and try-error method while investigating someone else's code.

My idea is to have one or two scripts posted here for XBT Tracker one or two for Gazelle's. A few for the opentracker logics. And here to be able to put as many as possible versatile tracker scripts available that someone had spent the time to write. One can't possibly know which script for which tracker was written.

So in summary I hope you understand my concern about our little chit-chat here. It is not about Gazelle's supremacy, but about the efficiency and flexibility of the BitChe. A great program with a great potential which is far from where it could be. It needs a community that is engaged in its development.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 10:34:26 pm by AOK »

Offline FantomX

• The Wierdo
  • Newbie Member
  • PTs Rock
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 10:39:08 pm »
Hey there AOK.
I respect your opinion about making Bit Che usable for all the trackers.
I also admit my mistake of not understanding what you meant at first but after reading what you stated above. I totally get it.

The trackers I mentioned can't be reached by everybody as they are elite ones (according to them).
The trackers you mentioned are the ones that most people use and should be considered to make scripts for.

I certainly didn't mention that Bit Che's development should be stopped. In fact, I help out with the beta versions and submit every bug I detect no matter how small it is.

Let's end this discussion with the fact that we both do support Bit Che and want it to be used by many people which can only be achieved if it has a wide script support which can't be done without users who code the scripts and we do need a community that will be engaged in its development as you suggested.

Cheers! :D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 10:41:29 pm by FantomX »

Offline AOK

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 09:40:44 pm »
Let's end this discussion with the fact that we both do support Bit Che and want it to be used by many people which can only be achieved if it has a wide script support which can't be done without users who code the scripts and we do need a community that will be engaged in its development as you suggested.

True is true, mate. Thank you for understanding me! :-) Now we only need to wait for the staff to check the topic. :-)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 06:43:18 am »
thanks guys :)  please note, anyone that shows they are capable of editing the scripts are welcome to have edit access to the scripts on github.

My idea is to have one or two scripts posted here for XBT Tracker one or two for Gazelle's. A few for the opentracker logics. And here to be able to put as many as possible versatile tracker scripts available that someone had spent the time to write. One can't possibly know which script for which tracker was written.

we need this..  we did start something like that a while ago, but i dont know what happened to it. anyone want to take the time to create a list of a few of those trackers each, with the matching scripts we already have, and also save a screen shot of a search?  we can start a thread to help people create new scripts based on a similar existing one.
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline GHDSPORTS

• GHDSPORTS
    • View Profile
    • GHDSPORTS
Really it was great discussion and excellent thought to do this..i appreciate you..
GHD Sports
Now you can watch latest live matches for free on using GHDSPORTSAPK

Offline DarionMraz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2021, 04:19:56 am »
These online universities are really helping the people like me to continue my higher studies while working. I am a working professional and have no time to go for regular classes with this best essay help online course now I am able to complete my master’s degree.