Author Topic: The Best Virus Scanner - Nod32  (Read 31479 times)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
The Best Virus Scanner - Nod32
« on: October 24, 2006, 07:01:29 am »
Here is a thread to the best virus scanner... if you dont use this product, you better have a good excuse why you're using another virus scanner :) Sure there are a couple other decent ones, but Nod32 is just simply awesome.

http://www.nsaneproductions.com/index.php?request=140184

Grab the freeware edition, and then grab the registry trick (Nod32 Fix) to make the freeware version never expire and always download current virus definitions (every couple of hours, or every day).

Edit:   for the sake of 'first post':       AVG  is the other very good virus scanner for your computer... either AVG or NOD will keep your computer safe and happy..   BOO to the other virus scanners.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 07:37:07 pm by chip! »
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

texasboy

Re: The Best Virus Scanner - Nod32
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 07:42:02 am »
Here is a thread to the best virus scanner... if you don't use this product, you better have a good excuse why you're using another virus scanner :) Sure there are a couple other decent ones, but Nod32 is just simply awesome.

Grab the freeware edition, and then grab the registry trick (Nod32 Fix) to make the freeware version never expire and always download current virus definitions.

My excuse is that I am using AVG free which is automatically updated daily. My PC is virus free. Have only had one Trojan in the last year which AVG immediately spotted and quarantined. Occasionally I will run SPYBOT which is also free. Nod is good , but AVG and its support service is excellent. And as I have said before,stay away from Norton unless you want to start losing control of your other programmes
cheers

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 08:30:39 am »
I forgot the name while I was posting, but I would have to agree that AVG must be the other excellent alternative to Nod32...   and since they are both free, I would recommend either to people who are using anything other than those 2... but Nod32 seems to be a great balance between ease of use and customablity, and also has the fastest response rate for new viruses and best detection rating of any client.. which is what puts nod32 slightly over the top of AVG (for me)..

texasboy

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 08:51:47 am »
but Nod32 seems to be a great balance between ease of use and customablity, and also has the fastest response rate for new viruses and best detection rating of any client.. which is what puts nod32 slightly over the top of AVG (for me)..

Would almost think you were getting a back hander from Nod. ;D
Yes they are both very good for the average PC user and should keep most users free from virus. Most Anti Virus software seems to declare itself the best on the market( hoping to sell their product ). What I dont understand is how come they can front a free version which with AVG and Nod is actually all you need.
cheers

weera

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 12:45:43 pm »
Here is a thread to the best virus scanner... if you don't use this product, you better have a good excuse why you're using another virus scanner :) Sure there are a couple other decent ones, but Nod32 is just simply awesome.

Grab the freeware edition, and then grab the registry trick (Nod32 Fix) to make the freeware version never expire and always download current virus definitions.

My excuse is that I am using AVG free which is automatically updated daily. My PC is virus free. Have only had one Trojan in the last year which AVG immediately spotted and quarantined. Occasionally I will run SPYBOT which is also free. Nod is good , but AVG and its support service is excellent. And as I have said before,stay away from Norton unless you want to start losing control of your other programmes
cheers
I'm using Norman right now, coz Norton did fails on scanning local Indonesian viruses. I'm using trial edition for 30 days, still got some time to think for another AV software that really is free and support those annoying "home made viruses"

Thanks for the info guys :)

Offline bigdaveangell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 09:43:20 am »
I have been using norton but just downloaded nod32. Its so much better than anything else Ive used. nod32 ran faster and used less memory and found more viruses than norton ever did.

<a href="http://www.l33tsig.net/" title="L33TSig">bigdaveangell's L33TSig[/url]

texasboy

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 08:05:45 am »
I have been using norton but just downloaded nod32. Its so much better than anything else Ive used. nod32 ran faster and used less memory and found more viruses than norton ever did.
Thats it Dave, Norton has been living on it`s past reputation and as you know it is supplied with most new  over the counter PC`s, which you have to update subscriptions every year or two. The Newbies keep forking out their money. I got so fed up with Norton interfering with my other little free programmes, I just deleted it and stayed with the free ones. AVG and NOD are more than enough.
cheers.
PS, ran a scan with Nod and it just verified that AVG is keeping my PC clean. ;D

Offline esonique

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 10:54:31 am »
I've been testing out KAV (Kaspersky), and I must say that it is a very nice AV program with one exception, if it is performing a scan on your system, it hogs your resources. I have a Athlon 64 4000+ with 2GBs of ram and it slows it down. 

I must agree that NOD32 is prolly the best to use.

ares80

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 10:32:18 pm »
nsane is returned!!!!! :D :D
nod32 is the best as antivirus .
it's works together with sygate personal  firewall ..very fine  ;D ;D

invader

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 12:55:29 am »
nod32 is lite and very good antiirus

I am using it almost 1 year and its simply the best  ;)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 11:53:49 am »
it's works together with sygate personal  firewall ..very fine  ;D ;D

SPF is still around!!?? no way.. i remember using that back in 1999.. It was the best back then, i assume its still sweet and to the point... maybe ill check it out, but i guess im not really worried about hackers or spyware/trojans anymore, atleast not like i used to be.

gazu2k

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 08:22:45 am »
If you wanna free AV, don't wanna use reg fix and want peace of mind than you need AVG. I've been using it for years and man is it a goood AV.

Go AVG!

texasboy

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 09:19:00 am »
 ;D AVG free has been sending me a notice that my free program will end in Jan 2007? Anyone else getting the same.Havent tried downloading a fresh ver yet. But in the meantime NOD 32 Will do fine.. Just ran a full scan and found that AVI Codec pack contained adware.which didnt show up on AVG. Deleted and back to normal.
cheers

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 10:18:56 am »
Maybe it's just me... But i went to update the program, then cancelled the update just as it started as I hadn't done the registry trick. So now i've done that and restarted, it tells me there are no updates? But surely there is because the definitions are 18 November 2006...? Maybe it'll do it by itself later on.

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 04:54:58 am »
This is a joke isn't it there is only one virus checker to use Kaspersky(or AOL) by far the highest detection rate of any virus checker.

Unpacks more compression formats than any other.

Updated Hourly.