Author Topic: The Best Virus Scanner - Nod32  (Read 31483 times)

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
Re: The Best Virus Scanner - Nod32
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 03:49:41 pm »
How is it possible to FIND a new virus every hour? I'm sure there are a lot more than 1 created every hour... but to be able to update that fast?

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 02:24:47 am »
Its more than one virus added every hour.

When you submit new viruses they normally have worked out how it works how to remove it and named it and replyed to your email within half an hour and its in the next hourly update.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 12:42:26 pm »
http://www.eset.com/company/awards.php

the list of awards for NOD 32 is ridiculous  :)
(I couldnt find a list of Kaspersky's awards)..

also, notice that Kaspersky doesn't compare their product with NOD32??  (http://usa.kaspersky.com/products/anti-virus.php)

bottom line, Kaspersky is a great anti-virus product, but hourly updates (which NOD32 provides as well) isn't always enough. there are more important things to think of such as heuristics to prevent infection before detection updates are available. in which case, NOD32 has about 8 years running as the leader of 100% detection rate. which is just an example, and I have nothing against Kaspersky. you SHOULD be using NOD32, AVG, or Kaspersky. From there, its just a personal preference on how you like your anti-virus solution to function, and for me, nod32 is perfect ;) Whatever works for you from those is 100000x better than any other product, dare I mention Norton or McAffee =p
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline olddays1

• Convivea News Anchor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 09:05:06 am »
 Okay here we go.......which personal firewall program works well with nod?

Offline olddays1

• Convivea News Anchor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 10:51:38 am »
;D AVG free has been sending me a notice that my free program will end in Jan 2007? Anyone else getting the same.Havent tried downloading a fresh ver yet. But in the meantime NOD 32 Will do fine.. Just ran a full scan and found that AVI Codec pack contained adware.which didnt show up on AVG. Deleted and back to normal.
cheers

From their site:
GRISOFT is announcing a new version of the AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition. This new 7.5 version with improved performance and full compatibility with the latest Windows Vista version is available. Users that are using AVG Free 7.1 will be provided with a specific dialog, within the next few weeks, with the opportunity to choose the right option fulfilling their needs. AVG Free 7.1 version will be discontinued on 18th of Feb 2007.http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

texasboy

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2007, 07:04:09 am »
;D AVG free has been sending me a notice that my free program will end in Jan 2007? Anyone else getting the same.Havent tried downloading a fresh ver yet. But in the meantime NOD 32 Will do fine.. Just ran a full scan and found that AVI Codec pack contained adware.which didnt show up on AVG. Deleted and back to normal.
cheers

From their site:
GRISOFT is announcing a new version of the AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition. This new 7.5 version with improved performance and full compatibility with the latest Windows Vista version is available. Users that are using AVG Free 7.1 will be provided with a specific dialog, within the next few weeks, with the opportunity to choose the right option fulfilling their needs. AVG Free 7.1 version will be discontinued on 18th of Feb 2007.http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1
Hi oldays 1, Competition and money will always be a key factor for most of these companies.I can honestly say that I have always been very happy with AVG and probably still would be.I switched to NOD32 and found that with automatic updates and a occassional full scan, the program is virtually maintenance free and does its job extremely well. Will look at AVG again and let you know.
cheers

texasboy

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 08:11:52 am »
Update-
Downloaded and used the new AVG7.5 free,which seems to run happily alongside NOD32 without conflict(unlike Norton). Both programmes show no threats on my old family PC. I did find that because of the large number of files on the PC AVG took over 1 hour to run scan, whereas NOD shaved about 10-15 minutes of this. But since you only have to run once or twice a week it really doesnt matter too much. Both are excellent free programmes and seem to do the job.
cheers

MinLo

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2007, 01:19:48 pm »
Update-
Downloaded and used the new AVG7.5 free,which seems to run happily alongside NOD32 without conflict(unlike Norton). Both programmes show no threats on my old family PC. I did find that because of the large number of files on the PC AVG took over 1 hour to run scan, whereas NOD shaved about 10-15 minutes of this. But since you only have to run once or twice a week it really doesnt matter too much. Both are excellent free programmes and seem to do the job.
cheers

Why do you have two AV's???.....Since NOD32 is the best I'd drop AVG..........Your probly be fine with just NOD32.......

texasboy

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 06:07:54 am »
Update-
cheers

Why do you have two AV's???.....Since NOD32 is the best I'd drop AVG..........Your probly be fine with just NOD32.......
;D Hi MinLo, You are getting as bad as Billy.lol Was only testing new AVG and trying to compare with NOD32.  Both seem  good free programs. And of course I will only be using one of them.. You still changing diapers?
cheers

MinLo

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 08:01:32 pm »

;D Hi MinLo, You are getting as bad as Billy.lol Was only testing new AVG and trying to compare with NOD32.  Both seem  good free programs. And of course I will only be using one of them...

I'm sooo stupid sometimes....."smack myself so Tex doesn't have to waste his energy"

You still changing diapers?

Yep, And thats the easiest part of my job!!!lol.........She just doesn't like to go to sleep.......I can't complain though, She' a really good baby......... I love being a father......Thanks for asking Tex!

terminator333333

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 01:43:26 am »
I also  use avg free edition...but always willing to try something different.... :D i also have symantec corporate edition as well..Not bad either..