Author Topic: Saddam to hang  (Read 18246 times)

texasboy

Saddam to hang
« on: November 05, 2006, 06:25:46 am »
You probably have all seen this.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/05112006/325/shaken-saddam-sentenced-hang.html
what do you think.???
cheers

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
Re: Saddam to hang
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 06:30:53 am »
Farcical trial, farcical ending, farcical closure for Iraq.

He may as well have just been shot on site, this didn't do much better than that.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

texasboy

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 06:37:11 am »
Farcical trial, farcical ending, farcical closure for Iraq.

He may as well have just been shot on site, this didn't do much better than that.

farcical closure for the families who lost thousands of loved ones under his dictatorship??? People like Hitler,Saddam,Robert Mugabe don't play by the rules when it comes to genocide.And yes I agree he should have been shot on site,but why make it so easy for him. I would always wish for a fair trial for anyone but thousands of people cant be wrong. The fact that many people were assassinated during his trial shows that there are still fanatics and emphasizers out there that will continue to call his trial farcical.

cheers
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 07:01:50 am by texasboy »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 06:56:06 am »
U.S. ambassador, Zalmay Khalilzad, said "closing the book on Saddam and his regime" was a chance for Iraqis to unite

hopefully that is true.. but i doubt it =/ 

anyway, i dont know how legit the whole trial was, but I guess im glad to see that they finally finished one of Saddam's trials.
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

texasboy

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 07:03:51 am »
U.S. ambassador, Zalmay Khalilzad, said "closing the book on Saddam and his regime" was a chance for Iraqis to unite

hopefully that is true.. but i doubt it =/ 

anyway, i dont know how legit the whole trial was, but I guess im glad to see that they finally finished one of Saddam's trials.

Sorry Chip I was editing while you were posting.
cheers

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 07:11:30 am »
My point is that if he'd been put on a more legitimate trail then it would have been justice for humanity. This trail was just a big gap in between catching him and killing him.

Thousands of people can be wrong, that's part of the reason for a judicial system, to protect the minority from the wrath of a majority. I'm not saying he's innocent, but we don't just condemn a murder even if it's obvious they they killed someone, we go through a trail to show that we play by the rules even if they don't.

texasboy

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 07:55:42 am »
My point is that if he'd been put on a more legitimate trail then it would have been justice for humanity. This trail was just a big gap in between catching him and killing him.

Thousands of people can be wrong, that's part of the reason for a judicial system, to protect the minority from the wrath of a majority. I'm not saying he's innocent, but we don't just condemn a murder even if it's obvious they they killed someone, we go through a trail to show that we play by the rules even if they don't.
Ageed on most points Quantum, except that thousands,possible hundreds of thopusands of different ethnic groups  cant be wrong. Considering the Kurds and the number of mass execution graves that have been uncovered during Saddams reign. He was the dictator in charge and a very evil man. It`s not entirely the local courts that are under pressure from his extremest followers, but the whole country has to begin recognising changes and try to follow through on some sort of judicial system that is humanly fair as opposedr to ie Taliban justice. All religions have been the source of terrible evil injustice through out the ages. It`s time to stop living in the past and start treating each other as equal  fellow human beings instead of saying "death to all that do not follow our religion" My Moslem friends are not out there to kill all westerners. They live in the real world.
cheers
A bit more news just in.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061105/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saddam_verdict
Always a twist.?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 08:32:07 am by texasboy »

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 10:20:28 am »
I'm not saying they are wrong.

Just that it's possible for lots of people to be wrong, fooling the mass public isn't exactly an impossible concept.

texasboy

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 06:56:24 am »
I'm not saying they are wrong.

Just that it's possible for lots of people to be wrong, fooling the mass public isn't exactly an impossible concept.
agreed, you only have to go back to the German nation under Hitler who thought they were gods gift and invincible. They were wrong.!
http://www.ntlworld.com/news/story_world.php?page_zone=223.1.2&storyid=375292
just a little update.
Was listening to the radio on my lunch break which was giving various comments from Iraqi people. One Kurdish business man who resides in the UK,and just returned from Iraq said that he wished that his country was back under a dictator,because there was some sort of security in having water/electricity etc. He did not mention that the dictator had executed thousands of his fellow race. I wonder if money and profit might have been a motive for his hatred of the Iraqi people that are finally trying their best to rid their country of corruptness under previous governing bodies.? albeit with some western help.
cheers
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 07:16:51 am by texasboy »

texasboy

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 08:07:20 am »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 12:24:52 pm »
for better or worse, rip saddam.
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 12:37:16 am »
pity the guy that was caming it didn't know what he was doing

cissie

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 05:56:07 am »
Quite frankly.. i am glad the mans life is ended.  I am not one for capital punishment unless in severe cases.. this time.. the world is better off without him.  He caused pain and suffering to many, and didn't think compassionatley of others lives.. so why should we feel any towards him.

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 03:40:44 pm »
I watched a video of the actual hanging on youtube. The camera guy sucked. It's not like I'm urging to see this video but out of curiosity has anyone found some good footage?

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 04:51:49 pm »
I watched a video of the actual hanging on youtube. The camera guy sucked. It's not like I'm urging to see this video but out of curiosity has anyone found some good footage?

No but I have some Sadam T Shirts for sale

There a bit tight round the neck but they hang well.