Author Topic: [FIXED][BUG] Preferences -> Proxy -> Authentication Not Working  (Read 10505 times)

Offline haydent

• View Profile
Hi, proxy works ok with no auth, but with it fails without even getting a packet out. have monitord with wireshark and not a peep. enabled HTTP connection logging and all there is is this line:

cWinHTTP1: 1 - Error: 505 - ERROR:  This method cannot be called until the Open method has been called

And you get a !NC next to every site, if you try without auth to a proxy that requires it you do get the correct error code !407

Version 3.5 build 30
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 10:24:01 am by haydent »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: [BUG] Preferences -> Proxy -> Authentication Not Working
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 03:24:06 am »
thanks, I found the bug and fixed. Build 3.5.36 is posted and should fix the issue. please let me know!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 04:37:03 am by chip! »
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline haydent

• View Profile
Re: [BUG] Preferences -> Proxy -> Authentication Not Working
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 10:23:38 am »
thanks, I found the bug and fixed. Build 3.5.36 is posted and should fix the issue. please let me know!

thanks ! that works now

Offline Daveorris

• View Profile
Reader
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 04:41:07 pm »
I am so frustrated. I have set up the proxy server as per instructions and it is not working! The weird thing is that with no authentication, connections work just fine but when there's an HTTP Auth enabled on any of my clients, nothing masters assignment help happens at all even though Wireshark shows successful communication over port 8080 between client machine (1) and the Proxy Server.

Offline Thomas51

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
Re: [FIXED][BUG] Preferences -> Proxy -> Authentication Not Working
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2023, 01:09:02 am »
Before using a ladder on stairs, ensure that it is tall enough to reach the desired height safely. Avoid using a ladder that is too short, as this may lead to accidents or improper positioning. my link