RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Tell us about your PC.  (Read 224455 times)

james007torres24

Re: Tell us about your PC.
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2006, 01:18:01 am »
HP pavilion 735
AMD Athlon XP 3000+
1024 MB 2700 Ram
860 GB (5 HDD, 2 PATA, 2 SATA, 1 USB) All 7200 RPM
NVIDIA GeForce 6800XT 128MB AGP x8 (Overclocked)
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (w control)
3 DVD Burners
1 ATI HDTV Tunner
cheap floppy drive
3 HIGH poformace fans. speed controlled. for CPU, GPU, Case.

the funny part. i am still on my stock 250W PS.

i am thinking of building a new pc with AMD X2 5000+ cpu, w/e geforce 7900 cards. 1 gig or ram,  and 1 TB or HDD space. i could get the $$$ in t weeks its just that i want to pay my bike off a bit more first.

Offline esonique

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2006, 10:58:37 am »
Athlon 64 4000+
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
G-Skill Ram: 2GB
WD 320GB 16MB SATAII x2
EVGA NVIDA 7900GT x2
Samsung 20.1" LCD
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream (Black, no window)

invader

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 12:54:06 am »
Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz
15.4 Wide TFT LCD
ATI RADEON 9700 Series/64mb
60GB HDD
DVD NEC-DUAL
1.2 GB RAM

and Card Reader  :)

gazu2k

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2006, 08:15:51 am »
Dell Dimesion 8200

XP Pro SP2
Intel Pentium 4 2.66Ghz
2 CD/DVD+RW drives
1 GeForce 7400
512 MB RAM
1 120GB internal hard drive
1 200 GB internal hard drive

19" TFT monitor

used for gaming, working, downloading and trying differrent OSes

Offline coma

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2006, 02:28:55 pm »
K8 Neo 2 Mainboard
1 gig of ram
120 gig / 80 gig & exyernal 250 gig  HD's
Geforce FX 5900 gfx card
Dvd Burner
Amd athlon xp 64bit  3200+   processer

Dual Boot
Win Xp sp2 with tons of tweaks ect ect
Redhat Linux 9

Sera AX

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2007, 11:59:06 pm »
HP Pavillion zv6000 (notebook)

15" LCD
AMD Athlon 64 2800+
80GB HDD
512MB RAM
DVD-RW DL

Windows Vista Édition Intégrale

---

[Sidenote: Vista runs much better on this hardware than people would have you believe.]
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 12:15:27 am by Alix »

kujo

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2007, 12:21:01 am »
Got my brand new baby just before X-mass. The geek in me cried with joy at its beauty :'(

Dell XPS M1710(laptop)

Intel Core 2 Duo T2700 2.33Ghz, 667MHz FSB
1GB DDR2 Ram
100GB 7200rpm seagate
Geforce go 7950GTX 512mb DDR3 ;D
DVD-RW DL
Screen 17inch Wide-Aspect UltraSharpTM TFT Active Matrix WUXGA (1920x1200)

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2007, 01:50:17 am »
Got my brand new baby just before X-mass. The geek in me cried with joy at its beauty :'(

Dell XPS M1710(laptop)

Intel Core 2 Duo T2700 2.33Ghz, 667MHz FSB
1GB DDR2 Ram
100GB 7200rpm seagate
Geforce go 7950GTX 512mb DDR3 ;D
DVD-RW DL
Screen 17inch Wide-Aspect UltraSharpTM TFT Active Matrix WUXGA (1920x1200)

1920 x 1200 on a 17 inch wide screen?

I didn't know that did that resolution on such a small screen, surely that's not actually that useful? (I run 1600 x 1200 on a 4:3 19 inch CRT and would struggle if things were any smaller.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

cissie

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2007, 07:09:18 am »
Hi.. well as you all know.. i am a user and not much about the inner working however i can help to pull them apart and put back together.. and also find the screws that fall around the floor... LOL..

I just wanted to share the fact with you that i purchased a new keyboard this week... and its the most wonderful and brilliant keyboard i have ever had.. even little blue back lights.. amazing.

Its a Saitek Eclipse.. and for anyone who is a fast typist.. you will understand why i am so rapt.. its actually made for speed typing.. every key is sprung, and its so smooth and  quiet.. 

I was a little apprehensive to purchase at first because of the design.. mainly the little bits of extra on the corners.. however.. once using it i was amazed.  Umm.. as for the other stuff... well i have a 21" monitor.. and the rest is basically archaic.. until I decide to spend some money to upgrade it more.. then i will let you know what i replace everything with.. mind you.. i won't have a clue, but I am sure you guys will.... cheers  ::)                                                           

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2007, 10:38:28 am »
Hey cissie is it a scissor cut keyboard?

I bought one quite some time ago and found the ease and speed of my typing improved significantly, never looked back. Since then I've noticed an increasing amount of the professional designed keyboards are now scissor cut.

cissie

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2007, 11:54:34 am »

I bought one quite some time ago and found the ease and speed of my typing improved significantly, never looked back. Since then I've noticed an increasing amount of the professional designed keyboards are now scissor cut.

Well.. i am lost as to what scissor cut means..just know that the ones who have tried this keyboard had tried scissor cut and others in their reports, and came up with this one being the better of them all... i love it.. looks cool... and love the little blue back lights.. but the best is that each key no matter where pressed will work... so much better than the useless thing i have at work.. you have to really push each key down for it to work.. very frustrating.

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2007, 01:51:42 pm »

Well.. i am lost as to what scissor cut means..just know that the ones who have tried this keyboard had tried scissor cut and others in their reports, and came up with this one being the better of them all... i love it.. looks cool... and love the little blue back lights.. but the best is that each key no matter where pressed will work... so much better than the useless thing i have at work.. you have to really push each key down for it to work.. very frustrating.

:), that's nice, I looked up the product and I've seen it before. It's not scissor cut, which is a bit of a shame, I think I'll stick with my Samsung PleoMax ZEN Edition.

However I was looking to buy that keyboard (but with RED LED lights) for a Birthday present for a girl I know (I accidentally split some wine over her old keyboard and she is still using it with a pink stain on it...). She's a bit of a goth girl and likes black and red things, so it looked like a fairly good buy and a very nice keyboard.

cissie

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2007, 02:13:48 pm »

[/quote]

:), that's nice, I looked up the product and I've seen it before. It's not scissor cut, which is a bit of a shame, I think I'll stick with my Samsung PleoMax ZEN Edition.

However I was looking to buy that keyboard (but with RED LED lights) for a Birthday present for a girl I know (I accidentally split some wine over her old keyboard and she is still using it with a pink stain on it...). She's a bit of a goth girl and likes black and red things, so it looked like a fairly good buy and a very nice keyboard.
[/quote]

oh ok... when you have been typing as long as i have then you go for the smoothness and i am more than pleased.. have always typed over 85wpm... there was a time when it was more, but have slowed down over the years.. i won't tell you for how many years i have been typing but i am sure you were not even born when i started hehehehe... and those speeds i first did on a typewriter.. and you had to manually use the carriage return... so yes. i am very proud of my speed.. another thing which was good was that we picked this keyboard up in oz on special for the same price as what the US was.. when that happens we think ourselves very lucky.. usually retails for $99 here... and we got them for $68... US price was also $60...so we were very lucky this time... we just picked up another 21" monitor as well... but you would not like what we use.. my partner prefers the old style ones Sony Trinitron CTR because of the graphics and the close up work he needs these, as the LCD are C*** compared with these babies.. everyone needs what they do for their own specific reasons.. a little why some people are at a loss at to why he needs 1 TB of HD, but there you go.. I am trying to get him to add some stuff in here however he is not a forum type of person, excepting for one where he has made some great free data bases...for the taking.. i will try to get a link and post it somewhere in here.. if your into music and categorising it you will love it.. so far over 5000 people have uploaded it and are more than pleased.

cissie

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2007, 02:17:19 pm »
I put mine together about a year ago now, little has changed to it, I got:

MSI mobo nForce 4
AMD Athlon X2 3800+
2 x 1 GB DDR 400
Geforce 6600
200 GB Maxtor HDD
250 GB Samsung HDD
19" CRT Monitor
I'm saving up to massively upgrade some time March - July 2007, looking at getting 2 x Quad Core CPU and 2 x GPU with 8 GB+ Ram.

my partner looked at this one of yours and said you must love playing games.. is this right.. hehe...

Had it assembled:

Windows XP Pro
2 CD/DVD+RW drives
160 GB hard drive
160 GB external hard drive
AMD Athlon 64 Duel Core 3800+
2 GeForce 7600 GT videocards
2 GB ram
New monitor, speakers, and wireless mouse, keyboard, and media remote.
and a lot more

I use it mostly for music, gaming, and programming.

Reeaaally nice computer.  ;D

He also asks  does it work well with 2 videocards in the machine.. ??

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 02:25:34 pm by cissie »

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2007, 03:38:45 pm »
I put mine together about a year ago now, little has changed to it, I got:

MSI mobo nForce 4
AMD Athlon X2 3800+
2 x 1 GB DDR 400
Geforce 6600
200 GB Maxtor HDD
250 GB Samsung HDD
19" CRT Monitor
I'm saving up to massively upgrade some time March - July 2007, looking at getting 2 x Quad Core CPU and 2 x GPU with 8 GB+ Ram.

my partner looked at this one of yours and said you must love playing games.. is this right.. hehe...
Yep I love my games  :D, although my goals have changed a bit since I posted that. Looking now at buying a new computer July - October, 1 x Native Quad Core CPU (none of this current Intel nonsense, and I was much unimpressed by AMDs 4x4 performance benefits), I might get a 2nd GPU, but if so, only a cheap one to output to a 3rd screen (2 Monitors and T.V in some configuration).

I was hoping some new monitor display technology would be coming out in 2007, but it really doesn't look like it  :(. Was hoping that SEDs would see their way out of the courtrooms.  CRTs are almost nowhere to be found anymore and I still don't like the image quality that even high end LCDs produce. But I did want a widescreen and I don't know any other way to get one, hopefully LCDs will make a few jumps in picture quality over 2007.

Anyway a scissor cut keyboard has the style of laptop keys, where they are much lower down, however you don't get that same uncomfortable feeling from laptops because they keys aren't bunched together. A lot of people seem to be reluctant to try them, but I know once most people have they really like them, I know even a lot of professional gamers only choose them because of the increased response time that you get from the keys.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 08:18:38 pm by Quantum »