Forums > Computers - Technology

Firewall Software

<< < (2/4) > >>

pakodj:
"Missione Internet Sicuro!" è ufficialmente partita nelle scuole di tutta Italia. Il nuovo progetto già annunciato e oggi finalmente operativo è stato voluto da Unicef Italia e Microsoft Italia in collaborazione con la Polizia di Stato e la Polizia Postale e delle Comunicazioni, con il patrocinio del ministero per le Politiche della famiglia. L'iniziativa è rivolta a 1.000 scuole, ai loro insegnanti e genitori, attraverso due distinte fasi di sviluppo: una didattica, che si svolgerà direttamente in classe, l'altra di partecipazione a un concorso, cui sarà possibile accedere online.
L'obiettivo è insegnare ai più piccoli come usare senza pericolo e in modo produttivo le nuove tecnologie e internet. Senza incorrere in malintenzionati pedofili. "Vogliamo fare informazione e formazione tra i giovani e tra gli educatori, sia genitori che insegnanti"

Joemama1960:
Hello. I'm alse new to Bit Che. I can't seem to get Windows OneCare Live to recognise Bit Che and allow it to access the internet. Anyone out there with the same problem or a solution? I'd appreciate any CONSTRUCTIVE help! Everyone has opinions on firewalls and other programs! Thanks guys!

LesStrater:

--- Quote from: Quantum on January 21, 2007, 07:28:24 am ---A router is your best firewall, don't need anything wasting your CPU usage or your hard drive  :D

--- End quote ---
I agree.  And sometimes you don't even need the router.  My 2Wire DSL modem has an excellent firewall built into it, so I don't need to run any additional software, including the Windows firewall.

Quantum:

--- Quote from: Joemama1960 on October 06, 2007, 03:10:29 pm ---Hello. I'm alse new to Bit Che. I can't seem to get Windows OneCare Live to recognise Bit Che and allow it to access the internet. Anyone out there with the same problem or a solution? I'd appreciate any CONSTRUCTIVE help! Everyone has opinions on firewalls and other programs! Thanks guys!

--- End quote ---

I'd post a separate topic about this, I've never encountered this issue.

texasboy:

--- Quote from: Joemama1960 on October 06, 2007, 03:10:29 pm ---Hello. I'm alse new to Bit Che. I can't seem to get Windows OneCare Live to recognise Bit Che and allow it to access the internet. Anyone out there with the same problem or a solution? I'd appreciate any CONSTRUCTIVE help! Everyone has opinions on firewalls and other programs! Thanks guys!

--- End quote ---

Windows One Care will not run with an other Antivirus program. You will have to decide which one you want to use. Also check the Phishing settings and disable as necessary. Pls let us know .
cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version