Author Topic: ratio  (Read 13322 times)

mr mister

ratio
« on: June 11, 2007, 02:01:29 am »
hello,

what means the ratio?

is it a sign about how fast i can download the files?

MinLo

Re: ratio
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 08:26:18 am »
hello,

what means the ratio?

is it a sign about how fast i can download the files?

Your ratio shows how much you've downloaded to how much you've shared(uploaded).........I'm pretty sure thats what your asking........I havn't used bittorrent as much since I've been using Newsgroups...........Most public torrent sites won't increase speed........On private sites if you don't have a good enough ratio you can get banned or kicked off the site for not shaing enough......

Speed has alot to with your actual internet connection and for Bittorrent it relies heavily on how many people who are seeding the file......

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 10:07:50 am »
More likely referring to ratio in Bit Che its Seeders/Leechers and is an indication of speed

MinLo

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 05:59:51 pm »
More likely referring to ratio in Bit Che its Seeders/Leechers and is an indication of speed

Ahhhhh...lol..I never noticed that in BitChe til you post a reply Bovsk.......I use to mainly use torrents but newsgroups are so much more dependable and safer........

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 09:52:54 pm »
I use to mainly use torrents but newsgroups are so much more dependable and safer........

LOL your using the wrong trackers try turning off the public one's and picking up some good private ones.

mr mister

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 07:08:32 am »
yes bovski

it's just i want to know
tanks

Offline tazworld

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 03:21:52 am »
LoL I was wondering what that was for in the Prg. Got the answer now

MinLo

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 04:42:49 pm »
I use to mainly use torrents but newsgroups are so much more dependable and safer........

LOL your using the wrong trackers try turning off the public one's and picking up some good private ones.

Yeah I suppose quality and speed is better with private ones but to me, it pretty much carries alsmost the same risk as publics...........
I seen it debated over and over but my I still believe privates are just a tiny bit safer than public sites ..........
To me privates are just ones you have to get invited to, which isn't to hard considering every p2p related forum has an invite thread or the ability to trade invites....
Like we have here  :D :D.....So anyone can get invited.....That pretty much kills it from actually being private........
The strict Ratio's not a big deal to me since I try to give back when I receive something...........
I know there are some private ones are more exclusive but newsgroups fits my needs and wants better plus I've never had any big hassles using them other than paying a couple of bucks a month for access

I wouldn't say newsgroups are 100% safe but I believe there more safer than using torrents........I also have never dl'ed a torrent with the speed I receive on newsgroups........

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 10:36:18 am »
I Don't find it hard to Max Out my connection on torrents though I only have 10Mb connection.

News is ok but releases appear quicker on torrents.

ie here is the first six items from one site.
My.Super.Sweet.16.S05E04.DSR.XviD-SYS
Uploaded 2 mins, 5 secs after pre.

Mr.Brooks.REPACK.R5.XViD-PUKKA
Uploaded 2 mins, 43 secs after pre.

Engaged.And.Underage.S02E05.DSR.XviD-S...
Uploaded 2 mins, 27 secs after pre.

Touch.Me.Im.Karen.Taylor.S01E07.WS.PDT...
Uploaded 1 min, 39 secs after pre.

Engaged.And.Underage.S02E04.DSR.XviD-2...
Uploaded 2 mins, 37 secs after pre.

My.Super.Sweet.16.S05E05.DSR.XviD-SYS
Uploaded 1 min, 33 secs after pre.

Now that's not bad and certainly quicker than it appears on news.

MinLo

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 06:02:22 pm »
I Don't find it hard to Max Out my connection on torrents though I only have 10Mb connection.

News is ok but releases appear quicker on torrents.

ie here is the first six items from one site.
My.Super.Sweet.16.S05E04.DSR.XviD-SYS
Uploaded 2 mins, 5 secs after pre.

Mr.Brooks.REPACK.R5.XViD-PUKKA
Uploaded 2 mins, 43 secs after pre.

Engaged.And.Underage.S02E05.DSR.XviD-S...
Uploaded 2 mins, 27 secs after pre.

Touch.Me.Im.Karen.Taylor.S01E07.WS.PDT...
Uploaded 1 min, 39 secs after pre.

Engaged.And.Underage.S02E04.DSR.XviD-2...
Uploaded 2 mins, 37 secs after pre.

My.Super.Sweet.16.S05E05.DSR.XviD-SYS
Uploaded 1 min, 33 secs after pre.

Now that's not bad and certainly quicker than it appears on news.

I get speeds of 250KB/s on a decent torrent on a public site........on news it'll top off somewhere around 700KB/s.......I had like two private sites awhile back but I wasn't DL'ing that much during the time I had the accounts, but I bet it would of maxed out my connection at the time with a good private site with quality seeders........Instead of the dirty leechers that stop uploading after they've gotten their file completed......

:D You only have 10MB connection, I wish I had that speed......I just like how you said ONLY.....  :D.......What do you topoff at on a 10mb connection when DL'ing P2p ???

I don't download as much as in the past since my child was born so getting new releases isn't a big deal for me.......

Until something legally tragic happens to a quality newsgroup server, I feel more comfortable with newsgroups......I've heard of posters getting in trouble or NZB's sites getting knocked off but I've never heard of the casual user getting notices........
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 06:04:28 pm by MinLo »