Author Topic: win32 exception when running in Windows 2003 Server  (Read 23129 times)

Offline Concept211

• View Profile
win32 exception when running in Windows 2003 Server
« on: June 20, 2007, 01:37:00 am »
When you try to load Bit Che in Windows 2003 Server you get the following error:

An unhandled win32 exception occurred in Bit_Che.exe [1672]
Unhandled exception at 0x77e55e02 in Bit_Che.exe: 0xC000008F: Floating-point inexact result.

I even tried running it under Windows XP Compatibility Mode, but no luck.  Any ideas or updates for Win2003 compatibility?

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: win32 exception when running in Windows 2003 Server
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 08:11:46 am »
uh weird.. we fixed compatibility for Windows 2003 back with build 39 (or close to that) and havent heard any complaints since..

does it happen for you immediately upon start up, or does it happen after you search?

and i suppose the attached .exe doesnt work for you either.. it should be the same one included in the installer, but I did update it a week ago, so i guess its possible something might have gone wrong.
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline Concept211

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 08:58:27 am »
Hi Chip,

It happens immediately upon start up.  It doesn't even reach the main screen.

Also, you mention something about an attached .exe...where can I find it?  I don't see where to download it.

Offline Concept211

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 09:30:52 am »
Nevermind...I just found the attachement and tried using it.  Still same error.  I also installed it on my Vista workstation and it works perfectly there.  However, I do all my downloading on the Win2003 machine.  So, I even tried copying the entire Bit Che program directory from the Vista PC over to the Win2003 PC, but still no luck. 

I'm not sure what else to try.  I really don't want to get stuck having to use Torrent Harvester.  :-\

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 10:10:36 am »
hmm.. maybe its the compresser i use with the .exe but i dont know. the error code should be trappable which means i could make a debug version to help locate what line of code is producing that error. but i'll have to get back to you on this one.

Offline Concept211

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 11:13:42 am »
thanks Chip!  I'm looking forward to running the debug version for you to narrow this error down.  I'll do what I can to help you out and if we can get this to work, I'll def. send a donation your way for all of your hard work...it's greatly appreciated!

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 04:25:54 am »
Memory errors such as these are phenomena that are usually untraceable. I would recommend running memtest86 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memtest86 and see if there are any problems with your ram.

i realize you might not have other problems with other programs, but once in a while a program just doesn't like a system. It can be neither the program or the system's fault.

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 10:07:37 am »
Had it running on a buddies 2003 Server today seems to be a problem else where in your system

Offline Concept211

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 10:27:34 am »
Hey guys,

Thanks for the info.  Well, I ran Memtest86+ v1.70 just now and sure enough...I found a memory error.  But now, I don't know what to do with this information.  Here are the details:

Test: 6
Pass: 0
Failing Address: 00011f2d5a8 - 287.8 MB
Good: 00020000
Bad: 00000000
Err-Bits: 00020000
Count: 9

Does this mean that one of my RAM modules has a bad portion that can't be used correctly?  Is there any way to salvage it or do I need to get rid of it and/or replace it?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Offline TheGhost

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 05:17:52 pm »
I was getting an error with Server 2003 but that seems to have passed. How ever It will not let me register with the website Chip... I am new to server 2003 and I have a custom eXperience install of Server 2003 Enterprise Edition that I am using and perhaps something is disabled that is making it so I can not register my Bit Che.. its not the fire wall because i am not using a fire Wall .... perhaps you could compile one for me that has my account info hard coded and email it to me...  might be a good idea to keep a hash of the registered users inside the exec and have it check that way... just an idea... or maybe just do it for users that have their systems locked down tighter then Kelsi's Nuts.

Out

Offline Concept211

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 09:58:08 pm »
hey Ghost,

How did the error just "pass"?  Did you do anything different?

I'm STILL getting this error and to this day still can't use BitChe.  I even tried replacing all of my ram with new ones, but the error still comes up no matter what.  What could possibly be causing this???

Offline TheGhost

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 05:07:17 am »
Well I have been trying out Server 2003 Enterprise and its a strange beast... I am playing with the eXperience versions pre compiled by someone else lol... I have installed it on 3 other machines and only one is running like it should. My problems seem to have nothing to do with hardware and everything to do with someone elses ideas of what are cool tweaks (pre added to the versions I am playing with). I fixed my problem as I had Bit Che installed on an XP machine that was already verified, so I copied those files over to my 2003 Server and it is working fine... It was a security tweak stopping me from sending the request to your server I am sure.

Thanks for the quick reply though that was kewl for sure...

2003 Server out of thre box has way 2 many security areas set 2 way 2 fuckn tight.

I am just playing with them out of bordem... I compiled my own version with DEC removed so I could play with a few dangerous toys on my web servers... I own a web hosting company and like to test my security on the servers from here from time 2 time...

Anyway bro I have had no execution errors what so ever that matter ... only reg verification... I had an error when I was testing different speed DDR2 Dimms... and at that time I was over clocking my shit to see if it would catch fire lol

I have way way 2 fucking much time on my hands.

out

prasket

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 01:47:31 pm »
I am not getting an error just seems to start up then crashes. I did watch Task Mananger>Processes while I launched and it loads then closes. I am on Windows 2003 SBS with all latest patches.

Offline Concept211

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 02:13:59 pm »
I actually ended up formatting and reinstalling Win2003 w/ SP2 and everything runs perfectly.  I was getting errors with other software as well so i had no choice but to reinstall the OS.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 05:21:59 am »
possible solution to problem with Bit Che exiting without an error message:

http://www.convivea.com/forums/index.php?topic=905.msg8620;topicseen#msg8620