Author Topic: NOD32 again.  (Read 12440 times)

texasboy

NOD32 again.
« on: August 03, 2007, 05:37:16 am »
The old thread suggested starting a new topic.
Just a general question while using NOD32. Why cant this program not cover all my files while doing a scan. Perhaps its Zonealarm?
Here is what shows during scan
1)Error occurred while scanning active boot sector of the 1. physical disk. Error reading sector.

2) file locked [4].  mostly dat files.

3) Then under notes at end of scan it shows
[4]File cannot be opened. It may be in use by another application or operating system.

Maybe nothing to be concerned about as it may be Zonealarm/spybot or others in windows.
Any thoughts?
cheers

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: NOD32 again.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 09:09:59 am »
hmm.. give a few examples of the files..
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

texasboy

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 02:12:33 am »
C:\pagefile.sys-error opening[file locked][4]

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT   [FILE LOCKED]

........................................\................\ntuser.dat.LOG       ..

same with NetworkService\ as above

C:\SystemVolumeInformation\Mount Point Manager. Remote Database.   error opening access

A few more withC:\WINDOWS\system 32 config\system including SAM,SAM LOG,SECURITY,software LOG

Data\Microsoft\crypto RSA\Machine Keys (some of which look similar to keys on wireless network)

Reinstalled some info back to PC from memory stick and also rebooted using all services(msconfig) checked for updates/defrag etc. But still getting 20-30 lines of not being able to open  file[4] etc.

cheers

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 02:24:43 am »
If you have more than one OS reboot into the other and perform a scan or reboot into safemode and run a scan.

TheHalf™

texasboy

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 03:13:00 am »
If you have more than one OS reboot into the other and perform a scan or reboot into safemode and run a scan.

TheHalf™

Tks, Only running WinXP on this family pc.  Started in safe mode and had a look around and only thing I changed in device manager was the dump.(from complete dump down to minidump).
Tried to open NOD32 in safe mode but wouldnt start due to kernel HUI(I think) not being accessable. so couldnt run scan. Alerter is on auto. Will try again.
cheers

Update. Got started in safe mode+networking. Started scan and clean and now most files are out of bounds for NOD32 including my pictures/docs etc.
Got the following error at start of scan.
error occurred while scanning operating memory. System memory can not be scanned( the kernel service is not running or an error occurred while loading nod32ml.vxd.

PC running first class so problem might be with nod. Wait to hear from you as may want to uninstall and reinstall nod again and see if problem still exists.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 04:41:29 am by texasboy »

gr1ngo

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 09:01:08 pm »
i have been using nod32 for years and the files locked have always been there in scans..never had any problems .

texasboy

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 03:10:44 am »
i have been using nod32 for years and the files locked have always been there in scans..never had any problems .

Thanks gringo.  I`m just curious as to what the locked files are that nod32 cannot access. I presume system restore would be one of them and certain MS files. Never had any problems with virus etc.
cheers