RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Forum slow  (Read 12087 times)

cissie

Forum slow
« on: September 16, 2007, 10:08:26 am »
I am just wondering if anyone else has problems with the loading of pages on this forum of late.  I have to wait over a minute to get a post in the shout box, and it is taking ages to get any post loaded in the threads.  I visit other forums and don't have this problem.  Just wondering if there is a simple solution like clearing cookies etc.

help please.

texasboy

Re: Forum slow
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 06:29:28 am »
Same here cissie, Getting on Convivea is starting to become a chore. No problems with other sites and the PC is quite fast with these others.
I  and MinLo have already mentioned this to chip. I sometimes end up with an I.E. cannot connect to this site even after refresh a few times. Sometimes in the middle of posting I am diverted back to Convivea Inc and have to click on forums again. This doesnt usually work and I end up having to close and reopen ,or even re-start.
Hope chip see`s this. I will PM
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 09:43:17 am »
I noticed this, it's been like this since Banana started posting regularly, so I dunno ::)

:D

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 12:34:23 pm »
it was really slow for me to this past week..   

if you guys dont mind, continue to report here how the Forums are doing... and also about the frequency of times you get redirected to the other welcome page or the IE not found page, instead of the Forums pages.. lets keep an eye on this for another week or so. if this keeps up, i'm most likely going to have to switch hosts as obviously this is not cool :(

right now though, it seems to be back to normal for me, fairly quick and responsive.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 05:22:18 pm by chip! »
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 05:22:23 pm »
i just realized that my host had restarted the database server earlier today which would explain why the forums are presently fairly quick and responsive. however, I decided to go ahead and consolidate my domains to a new host that should hopefully be over all a little more powerful and stable.. and i think better connected to the internet lines.. i'm doing test download speeds and they are much higher for me than the current server.

would you guys mind comparing the speeds below before i take a couple days to transfer convivea.com & the forums over? just let me know your average download speed for each (you dont have to download the entire file if you notice your speed leveling off):

http://www.convivea.com/10Mb.txt

http://72.167.21.235/10Mb.txt

for me, i get about 200 Kb/s with convivea.com and about 600 Kb/s with the new server..
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 05:24:56 pm by chip! »

cissie

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 07:37:35 pm »
I have noticed a huge change tonight.. much better... i go by seconds in posting.. hehe... i don't know how to do that other stuff, but i counted up to a minute yesterday for one post.. and it was much longer to change pages... much better now.. only about 3 secs.

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 10:06:29 pm »
Yes I tried to reply to this before but the forums were too slow for me to post!

Much better now though  :)

And Billy seems still upset that Man U are losing, taking it out on the guy that supports the team at the top of the table  ::) ;D

cissie

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 10:13:10 pm »
Time NW..... MU are doing just fine..  ;)

texasboy

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 07:36:25 am »
Yes I tried to reply to this before but the forums were too slow for me to post!

Much better now though  :)

And Billy seems still upset that Man U are losing, taking it out on the guy that supports the team at the top of the table  ::) ;D
Much faster now. NWM. Watch out for the "Groupies" ;D
cheers

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 05:30:06 pm »
ok....    bare with me here..

i managed to mirror the forums database (as of BEFORE THIS POST) over to the new server. 

here is the link:

http://72.167.21.235/forums/index.php

not all the links/pictures, etc work yet.. since the new server domain isnt FULLY active, BUT..

can you guys just click over to that link and then browse a few posts and compare how the pages load for you compared to the current Forums you are seeing?  let me know if it seems      better/faster..   about the same...  or worse/slower..

note: you can try posting to that forums only for testing purposes.. but if/when we decide to go with the new server, i will mirror over this current Forums again, so that we dont lose any posts.

i want to make sure we get the Forums loading as quick and fast for as many people as possible. obviously since we're located all over the world, different servers are going to be better for different people, but hopefully we can come to some sort of consensus as to which might be best for everyone..

ok, thanks!

-chip
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 05:33:18 pm by chip! »

cissie

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 08:04:00 pm »
I went to the link, and noticed it was marginally faster, however this could fluctuate according to the time of day as well.  I will log in there again at random hours and see if i notice any dramatic differences.. :)

cissie

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 08:13:00 am »
i couldn't post last night.. could get in the first time, tried to post and nothing happened after a while, then it timed out.. tried to get back in again and nothing.. couldn't get in at all.  It is better this morning... will see what happens. 

texasboy

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 08:27:29 am »
i couldn't post last night.. could get in the first time, tried to post and nothing happened after a while, then it timed out.. tried to get back in again and nothing.. couldn't get in at all.  It is better this morning... will see what happens. 
;D Its been that way for a few days, but tonight its pretty quick. I suppose we have to remember that several thousand people per day are joining up to internet.
cheers

cissie

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 07:48:09 pm »
Yes but other forums i frequent are much faster