RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: emoticons  (Read 23956 times)

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
Re: emoticons
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 05:08:08 pm »
More emotions could be cool, but could we keep it to fairly subtle ones, not stupidly big ones with lots of bright animation (like from my experiance a lot of Chinese forums have) it just makes posts looks ghastly.

those bright flashy ones are great for birthdays, or valentines day, something like that, but the more subtle ones, like what I posted are great.

Oh yeah I guess, just they often seem to be horrible over used.  To be honest, I still love my text emoticons ^__^
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

cissie

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 08:02:43 am »
More emotions could be cool, but could we keep it to fairly subtle ones, not stupidly big ones with lots of bright animation (like from my experiance a lot of Chinese forums have) it just makes posts looks ghastly.

those bright flashy ones are great for birthdays, or valentines day, something like that, but the more subtle ones, like what I posted are great.

Oh yeah I guess, just they often seem to be horrible over used.  To be honest, I still love my text emoticons ^__^

oh I had a friend once, and that was all he used.. couldn't for the life of me understand what he was saying.  He used them all the time, at least with the little ones you know exactly what they are.  The text emoticons are so yesterday, time has changed, and one day Quantum, your going to feel old at your young age for using them.. :)  Times move so quickly in this technological age.

cissie

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 08:54:44 am »
ok.  I added more.  If it's too much I am sorry, but thought these covered birthday, everything. 

Hope this meets with peoples approvals. They would perhaps be better sorted into categories, but i didn't know how to do that.. cos they should really be under the more option.. sorry.

luv

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 12:44:36 am »

oh I had a friend once, and that was all he used.. couldn't for the life of me understand what he was saying.  He used them all the time, at least with the little ones you know exactly what they are.  The text emoticons are so yesterday, time has changed, and one day Quantum, your going to feel old at your young age for using them.. :)  Times move so quickly in this technological age.

I am so busted on this as well. I use a program where no smileys are available and I still find myself doing the
=)
=P
>=)
lol

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 05:14:04 am »
i like them!   [high5]

haha
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

luv

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 10:45:31 am »
ok.  I added more.  If it's too much I am sorry, but thought these covered birthday, everything. 

Hope this meets with peoples approvals. They would perhaps be better sorted into categories, but i didn't know how to do that.. cos they should really be under the more option.. sorry.

[hitdesk] lol thanks! Just the one I asked for!

I think they are great! I was worried at first that it would take me away from the page so I was pleasantly surprised to find it come up in the little box. Nice one!