Convivea Home  -  Downloads  -  Donate!  -  IRC Chat!

Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 09:03:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Summer is approaching.. who's ready for the heat!? Smiley
Search:     Advanced search
19755 Posts in 1946 Topics by 30000 Members Latest Member: - geareagle77 Most online today: 44 - most online ever: 406 (February 03, 2008, 07:41:03 am)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: emoticons  (Read 10003 times)
Quantum
Ascended One
Administrator

Daniel Jackson is looking at you!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 05:08:08 pm »

More emotions could be cool, but could we keep it to fairly subtle ones, not stupidly big ones with lots of bright animation (like from my experiance a lot of Chinese forums have) it just makes posts looks ghastly.

those bright flashy ones are great for birthdays, or valentines day, something like that, but the more subtle ones, like what I posted are great.

Oh yeah I guess, just they often seem to be horrible over used.  To be honest, I still love my text emoticons ^__^

Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."
cissie
Global Moderator

a little crazy keeps you sane

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 08:02:43 am »

More emotions could be cool, but could we keep it to fairly subtle ones, not stupidly big ones with lots of bright animation (like from my experiance a lot of Chinese forums have) it just makes posts looks ghastly.

those bright flashy ones are great for birthdays, or valentines day, something like that, but the more subtle ones, like what I posted are great.

Oh yeah I guess, just they often seem to be horrible over used.  To be honest, I still love my text emoticons ^__^

oh I had a friend once, and that was all he used.. couldn't for the life of me understand what he was saying.  He used them all the time, at least with the little ones you know exactly what they are.  The text emoticons are so yesterday, time has changed, and one day Quantum, your going to feel old at your young age for using them.. Smiley  Times move so quickly in this technological age.
cissie
Global Moderator

a little crazy keeps you sane

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 08:54:44 am »

ok.  I added more.  If it's too much I am sorry, but thought these covered birthday, everything. 

Hope this meets with peoples approvals. They would perhaps be better sorted into categories, but i didn't know how to do that.. cos they should really be under the more option.. sorry.
luv

*Love* A reason to live - A reason to die

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 12:44:36 am »

oh I had a friend once, and that was all he used.. couldn't for the life of me understand what he was saying.  He used them all the time, at least with the little ones you know exactly what they are.  The text emoticons are so yesterday, time has changed, and one day Quantum, your going to feel old at your young age for using them.. Smiley  Times move so quickly in this technological age.

I am so busted on this as well. I use a program where no smileys are available and I still find myself doing the
=)
=P
>=)
lol

What is life - for you?
chip!
Bad Ass
Administrator
Unstoppable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 05:14:04 am »

i like them!   

haha

-  http://bitche.es  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.
luv

*Love* A reason to live - A reason to die

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 10:45:31 am »

ok.  I added more.  If it's too much I am sorry, but thought these covered birthday, everything. 

Hope this meets with peoples approvals. They would perhaps be better sorted into categories, but i didn't know how to do that.. cos they should really be under the more option.. sorry.

lol thanks! Just the one I asked for!

I think they are great! I was worried at first that it would take me away from the page so I was pleasantly surprised to find it come up in the little box. Nice one!

What is life - for you?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Convivea Forums  |  Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: emoticons
Jump to: