Author Topic: Full Body Dance Dance Revolution  (Read 13805 times)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Full Body Dance Dance Revolution
« on: August 02, 2006, 04:50:28 am »
"NewScientistTech has a story about a full body version of Dance Dance Revolution. It uses vision recognition to award points after assessing a player's ability to correctly mimic silhouetted dance shapes. Check out the video clip of it being demoed at SIGGRAPH 2006."

Source: slashdot

<a href="http://www.newscientist.com/data/images/ns/av/dn9659V1.wmv" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.newscientist.com/data/images/ns/av/dn9659V1.wmv</a>
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

deckkeeper

Re: Full Body Dance Dance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 06:53:39 am »
Aw, damn. I'm bad enough at that game as it is.  :P

kyopedlr

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 01:17:16 pm »
Is that beginner, light, standard or heavy? I think i might be able to do a light/standard. Nothing to heavy for those dance moves. In DDR I am a regular heavy, but after a few songs, I tend to die. Favorite songs are era, freckles and burn the floor on heavy. I lost like 15 pounds my freshman year of college because they had that arcade machine at school. I swear I spent atleast 100 on that machine.

-kyopedlr

deckkeeper

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 02:08:10 pm »
I know it sounds rascist, but it seems like every asian is insanely good at DDR. Everytime I see one playing it, they are playing heavy and getting insane scores.

dinner123

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 09:47:45 pm »
This games only good when your playing with your friends and maybe when your not fully with it lol. :o

I know it sounds rascist, but it seems like every asian is insanely good at DDR. Everytime I see one playing it, they are playing heavy and getting insane scores.
lol thats because asian people take it seriously. we dont wanna lose....to anyone :D

kyopedlr

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 11:11:13 pm »
nah.. its just because were asian...(it explains a lot)... I don't know why... but I think your right.. I just showed my cousin's the game.. now their starting to get addicted.... maybe it's the fancy lights?

-kyopedlr

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 01:42:41 am »
I've got in to DDR to get better than anyone else in the Anime society (there are some real pros in there). I can do some 8 foot stuff now  :)

There are quite a few asian girls and guys in the Anime society and I don't think any of them rate anything above average at DDR. Mind you, that's a fair bit better than average for everyone else lol.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Offline Thomas51

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2023, 08:18:13 pm »
 In this article, we'll explore the top five rangefinders available in 2023, designed to provide the best performance and value for their users. my link