RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Script Organization Suggestion  (Read 4778 times)

ZippoLag

Script Organization Suggestion
« on: May 23, 2012, 10:25:47 am »
Hi there, I was wondering if it'd be possible to organize a Repository on some site and put the newest versions of the scripts (and perhaps an archive) there, filtered by BitChe version by the way.

I'm asking this because I've read that it's best to come to the forums and get the latests scrpits from "THE" thread rather than using the update function included in the program, and I just looks like more trouble than it's worth.

Also, if this was done properly, the program could update it's scrpits directly from this repositry, and one could also "install" new scripts directly from the application!

I think there are many ways to implement this (an open source software repository, a shared folder on any site that doesn't delete old files, an ftp folder in the webhosting of this forum, etc). So.. Could anyone take the initiative? (I'm currently between finals -exams- and have zero time to spare)

Thanks for even reading!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:32:51 am by ZippoLag »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: Script Organization Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 10:39:00 am »
hi ZippoLag

the new Bit Che 2.0 has been designed around using GitHub as the repo for the Bit Che scripts:

https://github.com/convivea/bit-che-2-scripts/

anyone with access can publish and make changes to the default script pack.. or you can make you own fork and add it to Bit Che :)
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

ZippoLag

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 09:38:38 am »
I did not know that!

I've been using the v2 beta since I posted that message, but I had no clue how to add or modify the scripts, I'll look into that then..

Offline whitneyH6234

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 12:05:26 am »
Oh nice, how does one get access? I would love to check out some of the scripts so how does that github work?

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 08:34:12 am »
Oh nice, how does one get access? I would love to check out some of the scripts so how does that github work?

pretty simple:

1.  be a member here and at Github.com  (need accounts on both)

2.  show us that you can create and edit the Bit Che scripts -- basically prove that you know what you are doing

3.  if you're a well known script contributor then I'll give you direct access to the GitHub so you can modify the public scripts and directly push any updates / changes out to Bit Che.

4.  or if you're not that well known -- then you can post your changes here and one of the members can make the changes for you.
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 11:35:04 am »
Without this access you can still propose changes chip! I just did for isohunt.com