Forums > Music - Movies - TV

Is blu-ray worth the extra costs?

<< < (3/3)

Bovski:
Well being honest it depends on what your doing I built a media centre PC so stuffed a bluray drive in it just seemed logical as it reads DVD's aswell :)

surfer:
just my 2 cents...

i can't speak for 37" HD, but  can't imagine it's much better than the old 32" trinitron XBR i used to have... but i guess the test (for me) would be:  do you find watching conventional TV painful on your HD.  On my HD (52") i find conventional programming (off digital cable) far too pixilated and smeared to enjoy.   
For myself, i can't justify the cost of the blue ray player - let alone burner and expensive media (or blanks).  Especially since we're on a forum for the best torrent search utility! 
You can d/l just about anything 720p that will burn into 4-8GB single or dual layer DVD...  Even that's a toss-up considering the cost of media vs. cheaper TerraByte drives.
I consider the internet one big TiVo drive.  i watch my shows, if i miss one i wait 15 mins for vcd quality, hour and a half for 720p.  Just about every movie is out there at the very worse on the day the DVD/BluRay is out (most times sooner). 
CD burners took years to drop in price, DVDs less, BluRay will even faster - barring a tech change (like cheap solid state rom or even faster/cheaper internet revolutions) BR will replace DVD - when the price drops.  When was the last time you bought a 5-1/4 or 3.5 floppy drive?
P.S. Billy F tell your "friend" that pron @ 720p or better larger than life is amazing.  However if facial imperfections in HD to be distracting...  (say no more) :o
P.P.S. I only d/l the above to keep my ratio high on private trackers (ya, that's what they all say) [wink]

billyfridge:
Duely noted Surfer thanks..... [shifty]

[shifty]

DanielT:
i honestly think:
wait couple months the blue -ray price will drop alot then buy it
i realy dont think its worth the money atm.
but then again this is my opinion u have the money its ure call ;)

Synbios:
I think the prices for blu ray movies is outrageous. If you want a new technology to succeed, you should bottom out the price of the old technology and the emerging technology should have the same price as the old.

If DVD movies were 20 bucks..when bluray came out, DVD should have dropped to 15 and bluray should be 20.

Instead, DVD stayed at 20, and bluray are usually 30..or MORE for ONE movie! It is outrageous...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version