Author Topic: Search result problem  (Read 5886 times)

Offline sunstrip

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Search result problem
« on: January 25, 2013, 10:57:35 pm »
Am using the latest BitChe build 35...with the old BitChe I used to get great results...but with this version the results are all over the place...example...I do an audio search for the band "Rush"...and I end up getting everything BUT results from the band..pretty much all the results are movies and such...is this the program or am I missing some setting somewhere ?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:16:39 pm by sunstrip »
I HATE TO ADVOCATE DRUGS, ALCOHOL, VIOLENCE OR INSANITY TO ANYONE, BUT THEY'VE ALWAYS WORKED FOR ME !!!

Offline dndsoft

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Search result problem
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 06:33:43 am »
Having same problem here no matter the search setting

Offline Bovski

  • Head Cider Tester
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 665
  • Karma: +189/-0
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
Re: Search result problem
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 11:25:50 am »
This appears to be a bit of a bug where if a site doesn't support media types the program is reverting to a generic search instead of bypassing the site.
& some scripting lazyness(by me :() Have updated some of the scripts will go through the others.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 02:11:39 pm by Bovski »

Offline sunstrip

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Search result problem
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 11:17:23 pm »
Excellent !!! thanks !!!!
I HATE TO ADVOCATE DRUGS, ALCOHOL, VIOLENCE OR INSANITY TO ANYONE, BUT THEY'VE ALWAYS WORKED FOR ME !!!

Offline chip!

  • Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
  • *****
  • Posts: 2301
  • Karma: +629/-6
    • View Profile
Re: Search result problem
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 02:33:57 pm »
This appears to be a bit of a bug where if a site doesn't support media types the program is reverting to a generic search instead of bypassing the site.
& some scripting lazyness(by me :() Have updated some of the scripts will go through the others.

ok i found this 'bug'.. it was checking for blank profile strings, but many scripts were using '/' so it was getting tricking into thinking it had that profile string. now its set to ignore '/' so that the list of enabled scripts will work based on the profile type.. but also if you manually enabled a script with no search url for the given profile type and '/' was used, then it will use the "all" url for the search.
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline Rerunner

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Search result problem
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 03:31:21 pm »
This appears to be a bit of a bug where if a site doesn't support media types the program is reverting to a generic search instead of bypassing the site.
& some scripting lazyness(by me :() Have updated some of the scripts will go through the others.

ok i found this 'bug'.. it was checking for blank profile strings, but many scripts were using '/' so it was getting tricking into thinking it had that profile string. now its set to ignore '/' so that the list of enabled scripts will work based on the profile type.. but also if you manually enabled a script with no search url for the given profile type and '/' was used, then it will use the "all" url for the search.

Thanks for the clarification