RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Where am I?  (Read 602002 times)

cissie

Re: Where am I?
« Reply #270 on: February 21, 2007, 02:56:46 pm »
Congratulations deckeeper... well done.. i didn't end up getting out the atlas.. ::) work seems to be wearing me out lately, and i am not much on the forums.. oh well.. holidays soon.. hooray. :)

texasboy

« Reply #271 on: February 23, 2007, 06:55:38 am »
Congratulations deckeeper... well done.. i didn't end up getting out the atlas.. ::) work seems to be wearing me out lately, and i am not much on the forums.. oh well.. holidays soon.. hooray. :)
;D Excuses,excuses, I work 70-80 hrs per week ,dont own an atlas, and still find some time for my favourite forum ::)
Where`s holidays taking you this year cissie? Hope its not Manchester.lol Maybe Hobart? ;D
cheers

cissie

« Reply #272 on: February 23, 2007, 07:34:11 pm »
;D Excuses,excuses, I work 70-80 hrs per week ,dont own an atlas, and still find some time for my favourite forum ::)
Where`s holidays taking you this year cissie? Hope its not Manchester.lol Maybe Hobart? ;D
cheers

Well, i am gone from the house for work 50 hours per week, then i have the house chores to do, and frankly i do get tired.  I do need loads of sleep when i have gone so long without holidays.  These 2 weeks, mostly will be spent at home, doing not much but enjoying the beach, and the garden.  A short trip to Qld, gold coast for a few days, and thats about it.  Just some R&R.  Why Manchester, how did you pull that one out of the hat.  ::)

I would love to see more of England, especially one part hehe.

I have won an overseas trip this year, luxury problem, don't know where to go.  Maybe Bali again, maybe China, NZ, Tahiti or Hawaii.. don't know, but that won't be until Sept.  Going to Victoria at the end of April for a week to see the kids.  Thats about it.  Perhaps you could help me in where to go out of my choices.

Oh Tex.. and it will NEVER be Hobart.  That strikes a very cold nerve inside me.. Tasmania as a whole, would have loved to have seen it, but it has a bitter twist now, so i don't think i will ever go there.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 07:35:48 pm by cissie »

texasboy

« Reply #273 on: February 24, 2007, 06:41:58 am »
Answers to cissies questions ;D
1)Sorry about Hobart,was only an answer to simpsons question a few posts ago.
2) Manchester?. Visiting times to see Uncle Billy are 3-5pm daily. The nurse will insist that you leave promptly. :-[

Choice of holiday.
1)Bali-- Risk of another bomb at hotels
2)CHINA--very cultural provided you are in a group and follow guidelines.Big brother is always watching you.
3)NZ--Lovely scenery,old world charm. You may have trouble counting sheep ::) NightWatchman has recently moved from here and might shed more light on NZ.
4)Tahiti--- Heavily populated,poluted city,poor beaches and rain forest interior.Other "Society Islands" offer much better choices
5) Hawaii--- "My cup of pineapple juice". Great weather,tourist orientated. This would be my choice.

And who says I dont care ;D
cheers

cissie

« Reply #274 on: February 24, 2007, 09:25:56 am »
Thanks Tex... hehe... we seem to have different views on places.

Bali.. well i have been there after a bomb, same as Paris after a bomb, but hey one could go off in our own backyard, look at London or anywhere for that instance.  Can't go worrying about the might happens.  Its still a lovely place to go, but they don't have good beaches unless you travel to the smaller ones.

China.. my brother goes there every 6 weeks on buying trips, my parents used to go there often and mum was there a few months ago with my neice on their own, always have a ball, she is 80 and never goes in a group, but yes, they are always being watched.

NZ.. mmm.. could maybe have to drive a bit to see what i want, and i don't really want to have to go doing that exploring stuff more like little day trips.  Perhaps because i am tired now, don't like to think of being an explorer then, but i do love to do that, i just come home exhausted from those kind of holidays, as i tend to walk and walk for about 18 hours then.

Tahiti... i don't know what pics you have seen but this one doesn't show over population, or bad beaches etc.  Similar to Phuket, you really have to go to the smaller islands to see the pristine beaches etc, but this looks ideal to me.

Hawaii... now thats what i call over populated, however i have a cousin who will not go to any place but there.  She works for a travel industry and that is always her place of choice.

mmmm... Thanks for your input, anywhere else would be greatly appreciated.

Poor Billy, I didn't know he was in a nursing home, perhaps i could visit him and take my turn at the ablutions etc.. hehe ::)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 09:32:24 am by cissie »

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 24, 2007, 11:22:26 am »
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i'm not in a nursing home cissie, take no notice Tex ::)

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 24, 2007, 12:35:51 pm »
Answers to cissies questions ;D
1)Sorry about Hobart,was only an answer to simpsons question a few posts ago.
2) Manchester?. Visiting times to see Uncle Billy are 3-5pm daily. The nurse will insist that you leave promptly. :-[

Choice of holiday.
1)Bali-- Risk of another bomb at hotels
2)CHINA--very cultural provided you are in a group and follow guidelines.Big brother is always watching you.
3)NZ--Lovely scenery,old world charm. You may have trouble counting sheep ::) NightWatchman has recently moved from here and might shed more light on NZ.
4)Tahiti--- Heavily populated,poluted city,poor beaches and rain forest interior.Other "Society Islands" offer much better choices
5) Hawaii--- "My cup of pineapple juice". Great weather,tourist orientated. This would be my choice.

And who says I dont care ;D
cheers

I think you need to actually travel to NZ to realise that you'd most likely end up at a beach or a mountain as a tourist... no sheep... in fact I don't remember the last time I saw a sheep in NZ but I would see Seagulls everyday.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 12:38:56 pm by TheNightWatchman »

cissie

« Reply #277 on: February 24, 2007, 01:19:29 pm »
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i'm not in a nursing home cissie, take no notice Tex ::)

hehehehe... i kind of knew that Billy, your too sharp to be in one of those, actually i thought you sounded more like a cheeky teenager. So i suppose i will have to do this to Tex for being naughty..

texasboy

« Reply #278 on: February 27, 2007, 06:12:57 am »
 ;D lol cissie. Lets see how good you are on childrens TV.
Sesame Street,big bird I am in an island town which features in "West Side Story" Johhny Depp and all that area. Lovely climate all year.
Where am I?
Need the name of the island and the town. ::)
Why do I make them so easy.?
cheers

cissie

« Reply #279 on: February 27, 2007, 06:14:46 pm »
Puerto Rico .... San Juan
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 07:00:26 pm by cissie »

texasboy

« Reply #280 on: February 28, 2007, 04:47:14 am »
Puerto Rico .... San Juan
;D need I say halfway there. But what about big bird?
cheers

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 01, 2007, 06:52:29 pm »
Manhattan, Long Island, NY

seems too easy but im so confused here, i was also thinking the Canary Islands =/
manhattan was where both sesame street and west side story was filmed, but johnny depp wasnt in westside story, so some of those clues are throwing me curve balls..
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 01, 2007, 09:57:11 pm »
New York...........stork :D

texasboy

« Reply #283 on: March 02, 2007, 03:50:03 am »
New York...........stork :D

;D margarine not butter.
Well I mentioned that cissie had half the answer, but no one picked up on this. Chips thinking is in the right direction. Johnny Depp (pirate) was only used to help you guess the towns name. There are many towns and cities of the same name in this world. about a 3 hour flight from Manchester might help.lol
big yellow bird might also refer to the largest of the islands.
cheers

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 02, 2007, 05:58:13 am »
ok so I was thinking San Juan de la Rambla, Tenerife (largest island of the Canaries).. since that involves a couple of the clues (especially since Big Bird was a Canary, haha), but is more like a 4-5 hour flight from manchester, so.. thats kinda where I end there.. hmm playing off of cissie's half right answer of San Juan, there is also a San Juan, Mallorca, Spain.. which again fits some clues but not all, so I'm going to have to take a step back and see if you guys picked up on anything else.. :)
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.