Author Topic: Where am I?  (Read 601983 times)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: Where am I?
« Reply #435 on: April 14, 2007, 06:06:53 am »
ok.. ill be standing by to award karma points :)
maybe..
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 06:12:29 am by chip! »
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

texasboy

« Reply #436 on: April 14, 2007, 06:19:03 am »
 ;D While I`m pondering another thought came to mind.lol
Botswana and Kalahari.
Kalahari
K =potassium
ala= Alabama
and I havent a clue as to what hari might go with ::)
Will be back soon.
cheers

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 14, 2007, 06:37:03 am »
while my country hasnt been specifically named yet, i am a little bummed to say that im afraid the city is actually smaller than i orginally thought.. which is probably making this a lot harder than i originally intended.. so....... how about everyone take one more guess and if no one finds/stumbles upon it, ill go ahead and reveal the location + explaination of the clues..... ... and then give myself some negative karma points, lol..   :-\

...and by small, im talking about 50km range on google maps to see it, dunno what i was thinking, except maybe that the city name was a fun one.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 06:39:15 am by chip! »

texasboy

« Reply #438 on: April 14, 2007, 07:06:42 am »
 Last guess Humbro  ;D in Angola..lol  Hum=foul smell. umbro=sneaker make. gola=goal. Ha.Ha.
Billy answer.
cheers. You might want to give cissie a chance,but prob sleeping(7am)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 07:52:27 am by texasboy »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 14, 2007, 07:53:27 am »
cissie forgive me for prematurely giving away the answer here, but i think its best i give it away before i give anyone else a headache..

tex, im sure you're going to be annoyed with this, so sorry ;)

answer:    Swearshoek, South Africa

city:
potty mouth = swear
sneaker = shoe
ceases with potassium = ends with "k"

the confederacy = south
this country of its continent = (south) africa = same continent

extra clues for the country:
no reciprocal or corresponding nation = there is no "North Africa" country...  (North/South)
the pacific isnt one of the oceans that touch my country, or my continent = there are 3 oceans that touch South Africa, more for the entire continent
Ghandi became a little passive when visiting my country =  Ghandi developed his "passive resistance" philosophy while in South Africa
in 3 years, be sure to turn on your television (june - july) = FIFA World Cup 2010 will be hosted in South Africa.. from June to July
a clue from the last puzzle has a connection with this one.  = South Africa is known as the "Rainbow Nation"..  ie Rainbow Boa...
"ps, no football fans around, eh??" -- *huge* soccer clue to give away the country.. well, just trying to make the World Cup reference clearer..

oh well..
i'm awarding 2 karma points to texasboy for his relentless efforts and 1 to everyone else who answered...

sorry guys, :)

ps, if you want to see it on Google Maps, zoom in between Somerset East and Cradock..
http://maps.google.com/maps?source=ig&hl=en&q=south%20africa&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 07:57:28 am by chip! »

texasboy

« Reply #440 on: April 14, 2007, 08:08:40 am »
 ;D That was actually an excellent puzzle chip. All the right clues were there. At least I got the "hoek" right.lol
Should have picked on the football 2010, and gone on from there.
cheers

cissie

« Reply #441 on: April 14, 2007, 08:55:18 am »
Thats alright Chip, i would have still been around Korea or Asia somewhere.. That one was tough... your a hard teacher setting tasks like that, however it allowed us to see how your brain ticks with clues.. mmmmmmmm...

I will give you a karma point for frustrating Tex however congrats Tex on getting the country at least right..  :(

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 14, 2007, 04:16:04 pm »
Hmmmmmmm......no comment......l might have a 'Goah' at the next one ::)

texasboy

« Reply #443 on: April 17, 2007, 06:28:04 am »
Hmmmmmmm......no comment......l might have a 'Goah' at the next one ::)

;D I`ll make this one so easy Billy, that you will have no trouble having a go. ;)

A capital city with nuclear chickens. COUGH! wait till I butter this puzzle up a bit ::)
Where am I??
Had to make it extra easy this time to give Billy a go. (give him a chance before you all rush in)
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 17, 2007, 06:29:16 pm »
Kiev.............Thanks tex . Chicken and butter  with a nuclear flavour can only be one thing Kiev capital of the Ukraine near Chernoble (nuclear disaster). If I add a little parsley and garlic will it get me extra points.Chicken Kiev

texasboy

« Reply #445 on: April 17, 2007, 10:08:14 pm »
Kiev.............Thanks tex . Chicken and butter  with a nuclear flavour can only be one thing Kiev capital of the Ukraine near Chernoble (nuclear disaster). If I add a little parsley and garlic will it get me extra points.Chicken Kiev

;D Holy superheroes :o How you amaze me at times. CORRECT! Must have caught  you before Boddies.lol
2 karma points for being so quick. Well done Billy.
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 17, 2007, 10:36:17 pm »
well l must admit Tex, some 'Boddies' does give me a little help at times, but not if l drink too much :D

cissie

« Reply #447 on: April 17, 2007, 11:25:46 pm »
mmmmmmmmmmmm.... i smell something fishy not chicken here..  ::)  Reading and studying Billy's posts.. that is not worded with the dumb inuendoes that Billy would somehow portray... as i say... Fish... not chicken...

remark.. some "boddies"  i think you two have something going on here.. perhaps its not fishy.. perhaps we smell a rat..  :o ::) ;D

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 17, 2007, 11:59:36 pm »
Ooooooh...Cissie....you have a very suspicious mind. ::)

for your information, 'Boddies' refers to 'Boddington's Bitter beer'.....if l haven't had any for a while l do tend to post more legibly ;D

:D

texasboy

« Reply #449 on: April 18, 2007, 07:24:57 am »
Ooooooh...Cissie....you have a very suspicious mind. ::)

for your information, 'Boddies' refers to 'Boddington's Bitter beer'.....if l haven't had any for a while l do tend to post more legibly ;D

:D

;D Maybe it was my accent buddy. Have a Boddies on me
cheers