Author Topic: Where am I?  (Read 601914 times)

texasboy

Re: Where am I?
« Reply #465 on: April 27, 2007, 06:46:43 am »
Okay Tex.. where do we go to for the next one.. try to make us blubber over the next one.  I will ask partner next time.. hehe

;D God dag ,Your partner kanskje ikke bli kjent med by ytterside av Norge. Der hvor er din atlas? latter.
cheers

cissie

« Reply #466 on: April 27, 2007, 08:08:39 am »
hehehe... he read it and said you used the translation as it was extremely poor grammar.. 

Det er svaert vanskelig aa lese noe som har blitt oversatt ved hjelp av et program. Minner i grunnen ikke om noenting saa vidt jeg kan se. Dog har dokker det sikkert kjekt. Ka om eg begynne aa bruge littegranna dialekt herane.. ler.

I don't have the norwegian keyboard like he does, so you can try and translate that one.. he wrote it.  He said try to translate that one.. hehehehe

texasboy

« Reply #467 on: April 27, 2007, 09:14:45 am »
hehehe... he read it and said you used the translation as it was extremely poor grammar.. 

Det er svaert vanskelig aa lese noe som har blitt oversatt ved hjelp av et program. Minner i grunnen ikke om noenting saa vidt jeg kan se. Dog har dokker det sikkert kjekt. Ka om eg begynne aa bruge littegranna dialekt herane.. ler.

I don't have the norwegian keyboard like he does, so you can try and translate that one.. he wrote it.  He said try to translate that one.. hehehehe

;D This is how it translates on web page.lol
It is the svaert arduous aa peruse looked like has been compiled by means of a program. Memories after all no matter about noenting saa widely I able see. Dog has dokker facts certainly handsomely. Ka about EF begin aa bruge littegranna dialekt hence. am laughing
 ;D All I can see is that he has good memories of Norway and that his dog is well endowed.H`mmmmm  Wonder why he is laughing.
cheers
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 09:26:27 am by texasboy »

texasboy

« Reply #468 on: April 28, 2007, 08:16:02 am »
 ;D A new one for you climbers.
I am in a city where the male population appear to be sleeping. Add an "r" to the general location, they would be under the tallest oak in the western hemisphere.
Need the city and country.
Where am I??
cheers

PS. no chip/cissie, its not scandanavia this time ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 08:21:11 am by texasboy »

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 28, 2007, 10:40:02 am »
Zanzibar....Africa....... ;D

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 29, 2007, 11:54:10 am »
haha, not getting to far with the clues, but ill guess anyway..

mendocino, ca, usa..
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

texasboy

« Reply #471 on: April 30, 2007, 07:33:42 am »
haha, not getting to far with the clues, but ill guess anyway..

mendocino, ca, usa..

;D First answer for BILLY ,Wrong continent
 ;D Second answer for chip, Slightly warmer, but not USA.
I said climbers, Billy, not crawlers.lol
Chip got a very small part of the answer, but too far north.
Try again(just as well cissie is in Melbourne for a week. You guys have no competition at the moment.)
cheers

;D If I said Andy Capp, Andrew Flintoff, Andrew Lloyd Weber and you think in the plural? Shucks I just give the answers away. ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 08:14:29 am by texasboy »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 30, 2007, 08:14:58 am »
you sure about being the 'tallest oak'? i found stats on different oaks, some being 'larger' than others, but often they were no longer living..  i clearly might be giving that too much emphasis here, but just for clearification purposes, we talking about an oak thats still alive?

texasboy

« Reply #473 on: April 30, 2007, 08:19:49 am »
you sure about being the 'tallest oak'? i found stats on different oaks, some being 'larger' than others, but often they were no longer living..  i clearly might be giving that too much emphasis here, but just for clearification purposes, we talking about an oak thats still alive?
;D You were probably posting when I edited last post.. What starts an oak tree? This is is part of the general climber where my city is. lol

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 30, 2007, 08:34:24 am »
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... man, i just put all the clues together at once, and the answer magically appeared to me on the next page i clicked ;)

Mendoza, Argentina

the general area:  Aco[r]ncagua  (It is also the highest peak in the Western Hemisphere)... thus, your tallest oak tree clue, assuming i planted an Acorn there.. and Aconcagua is also a famous climbing spot too.. hahaha.. ok that hurt my brain a little.. :)

but clearly, doza, fits much better than docino :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 08:39:52 am by chip! »

texasboy

« Reply #475 on: May 01, 2007, 06:15:28 am »
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... man, i just put all the clues together at once, and the answer magically appeared to me on the next page i clicked ;)

Mendoza, Argentina

the general area:  Aco[r]ncagua  (It is also the highest peak in the Western Hemisphere)... thus, your tallest oak tree clue, assuming i planted an Acorn there.. and Aconcagua is also a famous climbing spot too.. hahaha.. ok that hurt my brain a little.. :)

but clearly, doza, fits much better than docino :)

;D I even threw in three "Andes" yesterday for good measure.lol
Another correct one for management. They are not really as hard as the members make them out to be. Stick with the original clues everytime.
Well done chip. Rest thy weary brain for a while ::)
cheers

cissie

« Reply #476 on: May 04, 2007, 08:14:27 pm »

;D This is how it translates on web page.lol
It is the svaert arduous aa peruse looked like has been compiled by means of a program. Memories after all no matter about noenting saa widely I able see. Dog has dokker facts certainly handsomely. Ka about EF begin aa bruge littegranna dialekt hence. am laughing
 ;D All I can see is that he has good memories of Norway and that his dog is well endowed.H`mmmmm  Wonder why he is laughing.
cheers

Correct translation.

It is a bit hard to read when an online translater is used and its hard to extract meaning from it (meaning what you Tex originally posted) however i guess you had fun with it, what if i start writing in dialect huh?

He laughed.. as he wrote it in dialect, so that when you tried to translate it, it would come out wrong.  He works online with Norwegians daily, and speaks Norwegian daily.. hehe... he just couldn't help himself in trying to trick the translator system...  hehe..

I just got home and then read the next place.. damn it.. i thought of the acorn straight away... your a lucky boy chip that I was away... would have kicked some butt on that one.. hehehehehehehehe
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 08:18:22 pm by cissie »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 05, 2007, 08:13:48 pm »
ahhh.. cissie... i cant help it if i'm on the ball...?...   haha, maybe you can roll with the next one :)

cissie

« Reply #478 on: May 05, 2007, 08:24:52 pm »
I know chip, well, i was away, and you are certainly the quickest one to answer the games.. i just have to make sure i am around next time for the next one.. hehe... try to give you a run for it..  ;)

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 05, 2007, 09:23:32 pm »
I will beat you both to it, with my superior intellect........ha ha ha ;D