Author Topic: Where am I?  (Read 602019 times)

cissie

Re: Where am I?
« Reply #540 on: June 06, 2007, 05:29:30 pm »
I did think of the ton of washing.. but when Billy posted that answer i didn't bother.. i thought he got it, even though the clues didn't match.. hehe..

Well done Chip.

texasboy

« Reply #541 on: June 07, 2007, 06:43:26 am »
 ;D Yes cissie.that chip chap has done it again.lol Maybe I shouldnt have posted the old photo of Concorde at
Dulles airport.lol
2240 lbs refers to the old ton in weight.(a fitting ending) after washing.lol
The connection with the seaweed is called "dulse" pronounced dull ass. Very popular dried seaweed snack here and in Canada/Iceland etc Great for thyroid problems. You can buy it at most seaside resorts in little paper bags for 10-20cents.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulse
All in all a fairly easy one. But you cant help asking yourself. Would chip have got the answer without the photo of Dulles airport??? Now that he has graduated he may be smarter than we think ::)
more karma points as usual
cheers
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 07:05:56 am by texasboy »

texasboy

« Reply #542 on: June 07, 2007, 07:17:17 am »
Dresden.................... ;D

;D ;D Besides having a football team, did your answer remind you of being a tail-gunner in the Lancasters.lol
cheers

happy days Tex..........weren't they? ;)
You bet Billy. Strapped into that little bubble ,holding on to a freezing gun handle .Fockers to the left and right, but sometimes not a Focker in sight.lol

Focke-wulf 190.
And for you lot that dont know what a Lancaster heavy bomber looks like.

Thats Billys Boddington" perk" hanging out the rear of the plane. Stop crying it`s all over now. drinks anyone. ::)
cheers
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 07:17:02 am by texasboy »

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 08, 2007, 07:40:10 am »
nice pics Tex.... ;D

texasboy

« Reply #544 on: June 10, 2007, 07:47:30 am »
 ;D Another little easy one to keep you going.lol

Cocaine and a bad cough will lead you to my old city. Again I am going to give you far too many clues. ::)
Michael Shumacher held this position for most of his career. And to top it all off I have even included a local photo.

What more can a man do.lol
Where am I??
cheers

cissie

« Reply #545 on: June 10, 2007, 02:47:45 pm »
michael schumacher held Number 1 position... or pole position for many years..

cocaine.. drug, sniff.. powder..

bad cough.. bark, croup, whooping

well  i can't get anything out of those words, and haven't got a clue about that bit of building.. it could be anywhere..

texasboy

« Reply #546 on: June 11, 2007, 04:52:40 am »
michael schumacher held Number 1 position... or pole position for many years..

cocaine.. drug, sniff.. powder..

bad cough.. bark, croup, whooping

well  i can't get anything out of those words, and haven't got a clue about that bit of building.. it could be anywhere..
;D Dont despair cissie,Some of the clues are already in your answer, except for cocaine description.lol
cheers

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 11, 2007, 06:11:33 pm »
ah man.. so, i saw that picture and I thought I recognized the architeture style, even though I've never been to that city/country (I did spend a week in a neighboring capitol).. and then I read the clues and had a pretty good guess in my head, but then i had to go and cheat..  :-\    tex, you gotta watch yourself! you named more clues than maybe you realized???   ;D

haha, ok so I wouldnt say anything else, as I'm sure cissie or the one of our other occasionals might pick this one up pretty quick here :)
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

texasboy

« Reply #548 on: June 12, 2007, 06:09:40 am »
 ;D Good on you chip.lol I also made another mistake. Usually when I post a photo I try to remove original information of author. This time I forgot.lol If you right click on photo etc it sometimes gives you a little help  ;D If I had used the alternative spelling cissie might have thought I was calling her "a silly moo"lol
cheers
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 06:44:47 am by texasboy »

cissie

« Reply #549 on: June 12, 2007, 08:16:14 am »
The only thing i can think of is Monaco...

I did try to cheat and click on the pic but all i got was numbers.. lay in bed this morning, and thought of where the grand prix was.. thats about the only thing i can think of right now.  Haven't got a clue on the building at all.

texasboy

« Reply #550 on: June 12, 2007, 08:26:01 am »
The only thing i can think of is Monaco...

I did try to cheat and click on the pic but all i got was numbers.. lay in bed this morning, and thought of where the grand prix was.. thats about the only thing i can think of right now.  Haven't got a clue on the building at all.

;D If you right click on photo then click properties, it gives you clues. ie journalist(shortened) then name of city etc. The city can also be spelt with a "C" but in this case with a "K". Give me the answer and I will explain these simple clues.lol
cheers

texasboy

« Reply #551 on: June 12, 2007, 08:40:21 am »

lay in bed this morning, and thought of where the grand prix was.. thats about the only thing i can think of right now. 

;D :-[  That could be misconstrued by other unscrupulous members in Manchester ::) say Hi to the translator.lol
Full clues and answer coming up shortly.
cheers
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 08:46:20 am by texasboy »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 12, 2007, 09:41:21 am »
cissie.. you already got most of the important clues..

first.. :)  cocaine is obviously laced in tex's picture.. hehe

second.. michael schumacher's position surely gives you a picture of the type of people we are dealing with here.. haha

;D
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

cissie

« Reply #553 on: June 12, 2007, 07:25:55 pm »
Krakow - Poland..

cocaine as in crack or krak

Pole as in pole position..

dunno where the cold came into it,.. but thats my guess... still can't find the name in properties.. did you edit it to make it tough on me.

texasboy

« Reply #554 on: June 13, 2007, 04:48:32 am »
Krakow - Poland..

cocaine as in crack or krak

Pole as in pole position..

dunno where the cold came into it,.. but thats my guess... still can't find the name in properties.. did you edit it to make it tough on me.

;D Krakow (krakuf). Try saying krakuf with your hand over your mouth (bad kuf ;D)
Yes indeed cissie that is the correct answer. For the complete story.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krak%C3%B3w some nice photos.
Every thing else as chip has indicated. The moo came into it using its alternative spelling. Cracow.
Have to you give you both some points.Well done.
cheers
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 04:50:52 am by texasboy »