Author Topic: Bit Che - 1.0 build 59  (Read 191545 times)

tokar86a

Re: Bit Che - 1.0 build 52
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2006, 06:44:23 pm »
several reasons:

1. To help the Bit Che project grow by enticing more people to get involved and to help out in whatever way they can.
2. To have a simple way to reward those people who do help out with the project.
3. To give an extra reason for people to donate to the project. Yes, I am a student in college and need money to help pay for the server costs, etc, and also I need money for 'pizza' to eat while I develop Bit Che. While this is the least important of reasons, it is still a valid reason nonetheless.

There are even more reasons, but I don't think anyone would need more reasons..

This is i god ide.

Offline sabnorton

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bit Che - 1.0 build 53
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2006, 02:46:41 am »
I quite agree with Exoskeletor's suggestions 4 (number of results) and 5 (new). But maybe it's too much info in a same place.

About the fake torrents, it's just the beginning. Industry will put more and more fake files online within the few next months, so I don't know if creating a fake files list will do any good  ;)

Sab

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2006, 07:40:41 am »
chip what about

1) adding date also on the tabs except name size etc so we can sort the results with the dates?

2) Also when we click in the white space next of a tab to open a new tab but i think this is difficult

3) Add specific torrent result manuall to remove them. A lot of times we see a fake torrent and we have to make the search again, it would be nice to have this ability (with hash checking maybe? or it will slow down the program?) Torrents should be added in a seperate remove list in my opinion

4) when you hover the mouse pointer over a tab to see search name, media type and also the number of results

5) an option to check a number of days in order to show a (new) text right next to the search result. i mean if i set 10, then the torrents that have been released in the last 10 days to have a "*new*" text next to their name.

1. cant do the date because bit che only becomes 'aware' of the creation date after reading the torrent file directly with the Torrent Details.. but like I previously said, we could add the date field to the list of results (name/size/seeders, etc) for the sites that do report the date. I dont know off hand roughly how many sites do or do not report this, and if it would even be useful to have some results with the date listed, and others without, but I will throw this on to the ToDo, so that I'll do a little more research about it when I have nothing else to do.

2. I'll make it so that when you Right Click the white space, a new blank tab is loaded..

3. This really isnt possible except unless we start creating a 'blacklist' of file names to ignore, but for the sake of being slim, I dont think I want to implement this....

4. I can do this no problem.

5. this might be possible, if we start extracting the submitted date, as talked about with item #1, but if we do implement that, then I suppose we could just sort the dates, and then you'd see everything listed from newest to oldest (and then the torrents that dont have dates at the bottom)..

-  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: Bit Che - 1.0 build 54
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2006, 04:47:38 am »
build 54 (guevara only) is posted, with the change log at the top of this thread..

i've left build 53 attached to the Guevara Download thread because I'll be out of town this weekend and I wouldnt be able to fix anything in 54 until next week.

cheers, have a great weekend everyone!

Offline Exoskeletor

• Live And Let Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2006, 05:02:17 am »
in the next version when someone click the right mouse button to open a new tab give the focus on the textbox and highlight it's content

Also make it to minimize in tray and to add time to refreash all the open searches. in my opinion this is a superb feature. and to inform users when a new search has been found (something like the rss that more torrent sites have)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 05:08:21 am by Exoskeletor »

FidoFuz

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2006, 10:57:33 am »
1. cant do the date because bit che only becomes 'aware' of the creation date after reading the torrent file directly with the Torrent Details.. but like I previously said, we could add the date field to the list of results (name/size/seeders, etc) for the sites that do report the date. I dont know off hand roughly how many sites do or do not report this, and if it would even be useful to have some results with the date listed, and others without, but I will throw this on to the ToDo, so that I'll do a little more research about it when I have nothing else to do.
Most sites have a date in the search lists, there are a only few which do not (slotorrent, torrentportal, torrentspy).  You'll also need an addition to your scripting language as dates can be a murky area due to the differing formats: dd/mm/yyyy  dd/mm/yy  dd/mm  mm/dd/yyyy  yyyy/mm/dd  and some just use the regional settings of the searching pc.  Shouldn't be a problem with the addition of a scripting command which mirrors the VB6 format command with a user defined date mask.

josh

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2006, 03:29:57 am »
It's getting better every build :D

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2006, 06:44:27 pm »
in the next version when someone click the right mouse button to open a new tab give the focus on the textbox and highlight it's content

Exoskeletor -
I'll update this np..  the minimizing to tray with refreshing open searches and reporting when a new result is found will take some time and planning before implementing, because at that point, a rough database will probably be needed to keep track of what results have been "found" already..  this could get messy, but I'll add it to the ToDo list... thanks

Most sites have a date in the search lists, there are a only few which do not (slotorrent, torrentportal, torrentspy).  You'll also need an addition to your scripting language as dates can be a murky area due to the differing formats: dd/mm/yyyy  dd/mm/yy  dd/mm  mm/dd/yyyy  yyyy/mm/dd  and some just use the regional settings of the searching pc.  Shouldn't be a problem with the addition of a scripting command which mirrors the VB6 format command with a user defined date mask.

FidoFuz - excellent.. thanks for the heads up. formatting the date shouldnt be too tricky. For some reason I failed to realize that most sited do report the date =/  in any case, this will be a nice improvement then :) gracias!

Offline esonique

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2006, 12:10:33 pm »
I just downloaded the latest build and I must say, Incredible!  Tab searches definitely do Rock IMHO!

2 developers that I consider the most talented:
CHIP
Jdobbs (DVDRebuilder author)

If you are accepting donations for making OUR lives easier, I am more than willing.

ares80

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2006, 07:47:52 pm »
sorry  i'm Newbie Member , i would like to try the version 0.54  :-[ :-[
thank. ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 08:21:19 pm by ares80 »

Offline Exoskeletor

• Live And Let Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2006, 08:02:20 am »
a lot of time has passed since a new version. i have a new suggestionn:
it is possible to add a feature to see the latest torrents? for example to select 2 sites and to select to see the latest 10 torrents that have been added

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2006, 11:57:03 am »
build 55 will be ready tomorrow..

!--  fixed: right click shows Bold old caption after cleared
!--  fixed: when begining a new search on when the focus is set at another tab, the results do not show up in Tab 1
!--  fixed: in the next version when someone click the right mouse button to open a new tab give the focus on the textbox and highlight it's content
!--  fixed: results  # update for wrong tab if current tab isn't the search tab
!--  fixed: launching a new search on a previous tab doesnt change the Search Button to Stop
!--  fixed: Torrent Details can sort colums by filename or file size
!--  improved: Tabs now slide over when closed and tab 1 can be closed (but will always be replaced by another if there are no other open tabs)
!--  improved: Sticky Tabs now require being "Unsticky'd" before they can be closed & a new Pinned icon is shown instead of the X for Sticky Tabs
!--  new: The icons for Tabs (X and the Pin) are both slightly dimmed when the tab is not the active tab.
!--  new: new logo icon for Guevara Edition
!--  updated: replaced all remaining Labels with UniAware Labels..
!--- new: added command line support for launching searches
!--  new: multiple instance awareness & will send search queries to the open instance automatically
!--  new: added bc:// Protocol URL support for future support with browser search plugins / uTorrent integration

these are the list of changes so far...   im going to implement the  "filter.txt" and also the subclassing for changing of the MessageBox buttons, and that should complete the next release... 

any other new features are going to have to wait a little while since i'm headed into finals with school..
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 12:00:39 pm by chip! »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: Bit Che - 1.0 build 55
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2006, 06:36:35 pm »
build 55 posted!

new: added bc:// Protocol URL support for future support with browser search plugins / uTorrent integration
new: added command line support for launching searches (any text supplied for the command line will launch a search, use "/#" to  specify media profile type)
new: multiple instance awareness & will send search queries to the open instance automatically
new:  implemented "filter.txt" for permanently ignoring results based on keywords you put in this file
new:  MessageBox buttons reflect the language translations
new: Torrent Details can sort columns by filename or file size
update: Tabs now slide over when closed and tab 1 can be closed (but will always be replaced by another if there are no other open tabs)
update: Sticky Tabs now require being "Unsticky'd" before they can be closed & a new Pinned icon is shown instead of the X for Sticky Tabs
updated: replaced all remaining Labels with UniAware Labels..
update: The icons for Tabs (X and the Pin) are both slightly dimmed when the tab is not the active tab and active tab X is now blue.
update: new logo icon for Guevara Edition
fixed: launching a new search on a previous tab changes the Search Button to Stop
fixed: results  # no longer update for wrong tab if current tab isn't the search tab
fixed: right mouse button to open a new tab gives the focus to the textbox and highlights it's content
fixed: right click no longer shows Bold old caption after cleared
fixed: when beginning a new search when the focus is set at another tab, the results show up in the proper tab

ps,  Happy Thanksgiving!
(for anyone else in the US)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 06:42:08 pm by chip! »

magpac62

Re: Bit Che - 1.0 build 55
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2006, 07:29:01 pm »

Thanks for the new build...

Request, can you please reread the filter.txt before doing a new search. 

Currently you seem to have to exit BC and restart to get the filter.txt reread, and I've just realised BC is processing the filter.txt as regexp's.  Adding [Sex] as a line in the filter.txt removes any result with an S, e or x in it. Is there a way to make it straight text?

BTW, F4 and F5 only seem to work on the last tab displayed, I normally run with remove exact off, but highlighting the first sticky tab and pressing F4 or F5, removes results from the third tab.

Much appreciate all you effort Chip.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: Bit Che - 1.0 build 56
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2006, 02:10:20 pm »
ahhhhhhh.. ok i fixed those things mentioned :) thanks!

posted build 56