Author Topic: [Old] - Bit Che 2.0 Release Candidate 4 - Build 35  (Read 297254 times)

Offline ash71

• View Profile
Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che - 2.0 build 3 beta
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 10:40:21 am »
I can not hang on IRC but can't wait till you release a beta to us.

bloodysneaker

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2011, 10:27:58 am »
Hi, I'm new on the board but I've been using BitChe since years ago! I love your prog but I've a problem/request! It's in project to add a proxy feature? Here in Italy they have censored the Bay and the Junk -.-"
Tnx 4 answers and sorry for my bad english

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 10:52:27 am »
Well if chip is still using WinHTTP then it is fairly easy to implement proxy's.

Offline ash71

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2011, 04:17:49 am »
Where can we get the beta to test? Or do we have to be on IRC?

Offline g0nz0

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 06:11:26 am »
oh wow, looking forward to the new Bit Che 2.0  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che - 2.0 build 7 beta
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2011, 03:09:06 am »
Bit Che - 2.0 build 7 beta is posted.

please read the changes here: http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?topic=1899.msg18371#msg18371

note: please discuss the beta at the above thread.

EDIT:  added "settings.ini" to the .zip so you dont have to copy your own to get started.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:15:23 am by chip! »
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che - 2.0 build 8 beta
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2011, 09:15:02 am »
Bit Che - 2.0 build 8 beta is posted.
Download the attach .zip file here and extract to your beta test directory.

please read the changes here: http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?topic=1899.msg18374#msg18374

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 04:13:26 pm by chip! »

Offline Exoskeletor

• Live And Let Die
    • View Profile
Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che - 2.0 build 8 beta
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2011, 07:00:01 am »
delete search history is not working

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che - 2.0 build 9 beta
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2011, 04:13:37 pm »
Bit Che - 2.0 build 9 beta is posted.
Download the attach .zip file here and extract to your beta test directory.

please read the changes here: http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?topic=1899.msg18385#msg18385

EDIT: REPLACED WITH BUILD 10
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 04:51:07 pm by chip! »

hkmate

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2011, 04:26:58 am »
Great look forward to see it many thz

savaden

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2011, 08:28:50 am »
Working great so far.

Status bar should read "Searching..." instead of "Done" immediately after clicking search button.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2011, 04:15:53 pm »
thanks guys!! I'll work to get that fixed in the next beta.   Closing down on the list of things needed to get working, and its coming along nicely.  :)

wesderby

Having Issues, and a Compliment to the Devs
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2011, 05:25:12 am »
Hello.

I'm a long-time Bit Che user, and I apologize if this is the wrong thread, but...Here goes. And yes, I'm a Guevara user. If one of the admins wants this elsewhere, feel free to do what ya need to do.

First, I want to thank the devs...As a blind user, it's nice to see software that's essentially accessible right out of the box, as it were, and doesn't need modifications to itself or the screenreader to be useable. Great job, guys.

Second...And naturally...Here's the problem. I'm not a developer, but enjoy ttrying out new versions, beta or otherwise, of software...For accessibility purposes, and so I can stay on the cutting edge of what's out there when given a chance. I'm having an issue with the current beta, though I think it's something I may have done incorrectly when installing, and I can't find full instructions anyplace. The "quick start guide", when I click the URL, tells me IE can't display the web page, so wondering if it was maybe taken down. The issue is simply that no matter what I search, I get zero results. So, here are my questions:
1. With the files/folders that came in the zip file, what goes into the c:\programs\bitche folder, and what goes in the AppData area? Running Vista 32-bit on a Dell Studio 1535 laptop. yeah, yeah...I need to update my system. Money stands in my way. LOL
2. Not sure how to phrase this one, but...When I launch the executable, I've got the Guevara edition activated no problem. But, my screen reader, JAWS, sees 2 edit fields. First one is "Coffee Edit Combo", in which I can type something or scroll through a history of my searches if I haven't cleared them. Second one just says "Edit". So, which one should I use for typing my search? In the old versions, the plain "edit" box was first, then the search listview, then the "edit combo" with the history...Or, that's how JAWS saw it...So, layout's slightly different. For the record, I've typed in both, and still come up empty in all my searches.
3. Finally, since I've chosen to simply kill 1.60 since so many of my searches there seem to be yielding nonexistent torrents of late, what all do I want to remove from the AppData folder before putting the materials from the Zip file in there? Everything, or, should I keep the "Coffee" folder since that one doesn't seem to be included with the Beta Build 9?

Again, sorry if these questions are stupid...But, I'm truly stumped. Generally, I'm the kind of guy who can install something, Beta or not, and have it figured out in no time at all, provided no accessibility barriers stand in the way...So, it's not that I'm not semi-techie...Just having issues with this particular bit of software.

Thanks much. All help is appreciated, and again, I apologize if I've put this in the wrong area.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che - 2.0 build 10 beta
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2011, 04:55:40 pm »
Bit Che - 2.0 build 10 beta is posted here (attached to this thread).

Installation instructions:

1. Download attached the .zip to this post.
2. Make a new Directory somewhere for this Beta version (such as on your Desktop).
3. Extract the .zip to beta test Directory (do not try to extract over a Bit Che 1.x version).
4. Execute Bit_Che.exe and test.

Note: Please do not expect everything related to the GUI to be working, but it should be stable, fast, and functional.

please read the changes here: http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?topic=1899.msg18410#msg18410

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:24:14 pm by chip! »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: Having Issues, and a Compliment to the Devs
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 05:23:16 pm »
First, I want to thank the devs...As a blind user, it's nice to see software that's essentially accessible right out of the box, as it were, and doesn't need modifications to itself or the screenreader to be useable. Great job, guys.
1. With the files/folders that came in the zip file, what goes into the c:\programs\bitche folder, and what goes in the AppData area? Running Vista 32-bit on a Dell Studio 1535 laptop. yeah, yeah...I need to update my system. Money stands in my way. LOL
2. Not sure how to phrase this one, but...When I launch the executable, I've got the Guevara edition activated no problem. But, my screen reader, JAWS, sees 2 edit fields. First one is "Coffee Edit Combo", in which I can type something or scroll through a history of my searches if I haven't cleared them. Second one just says "Edit". So, which one should I use for typing my search? In the old versions, the plain "edit" box was first, then the search listview, then the "edit combo" with the history...Or, that's how JAWS saw it...So, layout's slightly different. For the record, I've typed in both, and still come up empty in all my searches.
3. Finally, since I've chosen to simply kill 1.60 since so many of my searches there seem to be yielding nonexistent torrents of late, what all do I want to remove from the AppData folder before putting the materials from the Zip file in there? Everything, or, should I keep the "Coffee" folder since that one doesn't seem to be included with the Beta Build 9?

Again, sorry if these questions are stupid...But, I'm truly stumped. Generally, I'm the kind of guy who can install something, Beta or not, and have it figured out in no time at all, provided no accessibility barriers stand in the way...So, it's not that I'm not semi-techie...Just having issues with this particular bit of software.

Thanks much. All help is appreciated, and again, I apologize if I've put this in the wrong area.

hello there!  thank you for your kind words! I have downloaded a trial edition of JAWS onto my computer and played around with it and worked on getting Bit Che 2.0 to be more "Screen Reader" friendly. I spent all weekend and after work today trying to figure out the issues. I think I fixed several big issues and I hope that you find the new build 10 is easier to use, but if not, I am happy to continue working to make Bit Che easy for you to use.

Now, to answer some of your questions:
1.  I dont really have a guide yet for using the Beta 2.0 version. There is no installer yet, but you just extract it anywhere, such as a folder on your Desktop. I would not recommend trying to overwrite the old 1.60 version with a newer beta. In the future, as 2.0 gets more polished, then I will prepare an Installer/setup to use. But for now, its really only meant for those seeking to try out the latest and to help provide some feedback.  I have not made it easy to install, because its not "ready" for the mass public yet.
2. The layout has changed slightly in this new version. It should go like this:  "Coffee Edit Combo" is the Search Box (also with History), Search Button, Media Type Button, Check Box to turn on/off description searches. NEW: Edit box for Filtering your search list AFTER a search is completed. Next you have Script List (if you pressed F2), and finally the Results Listview.  Here's the funny part. I have no idea why JAWS says "Coffee Edit Combo" instead of just "Edit Combo" because it is reading the name of one of the Menu Items, "Coffee". I tested this by changing the "Coffee" menu to "Testing Coffee Testing" and then clicking on the Search Box. Sure enough, JAWS read out loud:  "Testing Coffee Testing Edit Combo". So, I think JAWS would need to fix that. Maybe I can contact them?
3. You can kill everything from 1.60 if you want. If you DID have Coffee Cups in the /coffee folder, then you could save those.

Hope that all somehow helps. I am looking forward to your feedback, and not sure if there is another way I can help. If you have any questions just let me know!

Thanks
Chip