RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: [Old] - Bit Che 2.0 Release Candidate 4 - Build 35  (Read 297263 times)

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che 2.0 Release Candidate 1 - Build 27
« Reply #210 on: November 10, 2012, 07:08:44 pm »
Make them both Portable(portable=1) and put them somewhere with write access.

They don't play nice together(both running at the same time) but run fine individually.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 11:19:29 pm by Bovski »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2012, 03:12:25 am »
My first impression?  Inhospitable to Bit Che 1.0.

Since at the moment they use 2 different script sets, BC 2.0 shouldn't completely mess up any older installation.
I guess I assumed a non-install version meant it wouldn't drop files anywhere else.

I tried to run v1 and all my settings are gone, my passwords, my columns are a mess, etc.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have BC2 install into a different directory and create a new settings.ini there just for itself.

Trying to get a grip on the new scripting language, but removing BC2 for now if keeping it means doing without BC1.  :-\

yes.. it is true there was no design goal to allow bc2 to run side-by-side with bc1 since that version is no longer being 'officially' supported. bc2 attempts to upgrade and use as many settings as possible to make the transition as smooth as possible.

if you prefer bc1, then you can:
 a) restore the backup of bc1 settings: 'settings.ini.bak' to continue using bc1 
 b) then run bc2 from its own directory by putting 'settings.ini' in the same dir as bit_che.exe (for bc2 you do not have to set a portable=1 flag like you do for bc1). 

bc2 adapts to your system.. you run it without install and it sets up its camp in its proper place (default).. if you include the 'settings.ini' with it, then it acts as portable. no fuss.. it just works.

design wise, i guess options would be to move from 'convivea\bit_che\'  to 'convivea\bit_che2\'  or move to 'settings2.ini' but i'm not sure that's smart.  we haven't had many people throughout the betas concerned about running them side-by-side. and going forward, we will have less and less people concerned once they have bc2 up and running.

for the new scripting language, its basically the same as before, except just the functions are now more user friendly (easier names), and variable handling is much more powerful. the goal was to be far easier to learn and less confusing than bc1..
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

AnthonyB

« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2012, 09:25:08 pm »
Am using Build 27 and am often seeing in the torrent details window, in the name column "max-age=60, must-revalidateConnecti"
This seems to only be from IsoHunt.com

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2012, 12:53:48 am »
Am using Build 27 and am often seeing in the torrent details window, in the name column "max-age=60, must-revalidateConnecti"

Have you tried the new beta ?

http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?topic=1893.msg19566#msg19566

Offline CuF

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 17, 2012, 01:22:02 pm »
Thanks for the info.  Will try v2.0 again as soon as possible.

I do like the changes in the new version.  Being able to run 1.0 while transitioning scripts to 2.0 will make things easier.

Is there any sort of list of changes in the language yet?  I've noticed some short hand that confused me.  Mostly because BC2 seemed able to recognize what it was looking for without guidance from the script as long as it had the correct array.

AnthonyB

« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2012, 01:35:33 pm »

Just grabbed b31 and found torrents that repro'd the same behaviour.

Another issue I'm seeing more of is torrents searches returning HTML code, e.g. <td class='row3' id-name18> and again, the source of these torrents appears to almost always be isohunt.com

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #216 on: November 18, 2012, 01:41:57 am »

Just grabbed b31 and found torrents that repro'd the same behaviour.

Another issue I'm seeing more of is torrents searches returning HTML code, e.g. <td class='row3' id-name18> and again, the source of these torrents appears to almost always be isohunt.com

Yes there is a bit of a problem with the script I have edited the script on GitHub but it doesn't seem to update in BitChe.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 18, 2012, 11:08:24 am »
Yes there is a bit of a problem with the script I have edited the script on GitHub but it doesn't seem to update in BitChe.

bovksi:  looks like you made an edit to your private fork.. which is why it didnt trigger the sync update with Bit Che.

all: i just edited that script up a little and appears working for me, but please test and let me know :)

PS:  if you are still having that error when viewing .torrents, it looks like isohunt might be having issues with the servers. here is the error i get from my browser:

'Sorry, (1) isoHunt is either not hosting this .torrent or the torrents cache is currently down, please check back a bit later.'
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 11:11:21 am by chip! »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2012, 11:18:08 am »
Thanks for the info.  Will try v2.0 again as soon as possible.

I do like the changes in the new version.  Being able to run 1.0 while transitioning scripts to 2.0 will make things easier.

Is there any sort of list of changes in the language yet?  I've noticed some short hand that confused me.  Mostly because BC2 seemed able to recognize what it was looking for without guidance from the script as long as it had the correct array.

thanks Cuf, we'll have to make a summary of changes for v2.

if you see something like:
Code: [Select]
$size=array(@q,2)
$seeds=array(@q,3)
$leeches=array(@q,4)

what its doing is taking the entire array, scrubbing all HTML (which happens automatically on a $variable save) and then putting the result in the $variable. most of the time, this works for tables where theres no other info/text in a given table column (or array element).

Offline CuF

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2012, 12:39:43 pm »
if you see something like:
$size=array(@q,2)
$seeds=array(@q,3)
$leeches=array(@q,4)

what its doing is taking the entire array, scrubbing all HTML (which happens automatically on a $variable save) and then putting the result in the $variable. most of the time, this works for tables where theres no other info/text in a given table column (or array element).

That's just really cool stuff.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che 2.0 Release Candidate 2 - Build 32
« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2012, 05:09:34 pm »
next build -- RC 2 (build 32) has been posted.
  • few more polished details (such as when .torrent is not loaded)
  • better error HTTP 404 detection/support
  • fixed support for POST search request (proper merge with @home URL)
  • working 'eztv.it' script
  • improved Script Debugger for FINDH -- on halting, now alerts to which parameter was not found and gives option to restart
  • improved script header config -- allows 'referer', 'login', 'preloginurl' to be merged with @home URL

EDIT: posted here: http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?topic=2131.msg19117#msg19117
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:29:12 am by chip! »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 19, 2012, 01:30:05 am »
let me know if there are any bugs! :)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 19, 2012, 05:20:18 pm »
guys... I've started updating the script engine documentation for v2. hope this helps a little!

http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?topic=1972.0

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #223 on: November 20, 2012, 02:28:04 am »

bovksi:  looks like you made an edit to your private fork.. which is why it didnt trigger the sync update with Bit Che.

Why do I have a private fork ? still haven't worked out git hub seems a strange way of doing things using a third party site.

Your isohunt script has a bug

the line
$torrent=replace($page,`isohunt.com/torrent_details/`,`isohunt.com/download/`)should be
$torrent=replace($page,`/torrent_details/`,`/download/`)or it wont work on mirrors.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 03:57:08 am by Bovski »

Offline formula

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 20, 2012, 05:24:23 am »
Love the new version...but any chance of getting cmd line support added back? I used to be able to pass search arguments.