Author Topic: Unofficial UK football page  (Read 230404 times)

cissie

Re: Unofficial UK football page
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2007, 05:25:49 pm »
Congratulations to all the Chelsea supporters.  I stayed up and watched my first game of football last night.. as a beginner this is what i noticed.. and remember, i know nothing of the game at all.

Coaches.. Alex Ferguson is a very cool cucumber... like the man.. however his gum chewing could be a little modified.
Jose Mourinho, needs to learn to smile a little.. will give himself a hernia.. could take a cool lesson from Ferguson.

The game last night... the first half i felt was so damn boring.. cautious even, looked like they were almost scared of each other.

Second half.. more entertaining, however i noticed that Chelsea had it over ManU in team support.  There were too many loose players around, and it was difficult for a player to have a back up on the MU side.. this is where Chelsea had it over them.. even if it was just for one goal.

Teams.... Hands down that MU have the spunky hunks... no denying that... all hotties.. don't think much of the other lookers on the chelsea side.. besides i was too busy looking at the ones in red, down right drop dead gorgeous, and remember, i am a female and we do "perv" on footballers.. Ronaldo, is a spunk, Rooney is gorgeous, and the list goes on.  It won't be my last match i watch, even if it is only for a perv.. :)

Alex Ferguson summed up in the news by saying..

"It's hard to take...but the important thing is to accept it and get on with it."

« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 05:36:56 pm by cissie »

texasboy

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2007, 09:49:52 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Greetings from sunny Spain. will only be on for a minute (internet cafe) Has anyone heard how the match went???? He He.
cheers

weera

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2007, 06:14:14 am »
I was planned to watch the match in MU Cafe (ofiicial MU franchise) where my buddies are the home band at the cafe (it's for the free entry  8)), but unfortunately the place is so crowd and even they close the gate because there's no more space inside.
So I drove and find me a place where I can watch for free.. Found it! I watch the game just about Drogba made the goal!
Couldn't be more happier that night!  ;D  ::) ;D

CHELSEA'S ON THE WAY!!

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2007, 06:14:16 pm »

Weera................

weera

« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2007, 11:17:04 pm »

Weera................

Yes Billy... Are you calling me..? ;D ;D :D

texasboy

« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2007, 06:33:29 am »
 ;D Glad to see Weera is keeping all these RED team supporters on their toes, Just back today, What a sad 1st week watching MAN U and Liverpool supporters dragging themselves from the bars (in Spain). ;D
Still what can a man do but enjoy the sunshine, a few visits to Gibraltar where a litre of vodka/brandy/scotch costs £2-3, local Spanish wine at 60-70 pence a litre, and cigarettes at 50-90 pence a pack. It was tough but I made it back.

WEERA for president.lol
cheers
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 08:51:14 am by texasboy »

weera

« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2007, 11:02:32 pm »
;D Glad to see Weera is keeping all these RED team supporters on their toes, Just back today, What a sad 1st week watching MAN U and Liverpool supporters dragging themselves from the bars (in Spain). ;D
Still what can a man do but enjoy the sunshine, a few visits to Gibraltar where a litre of vodka/brandy/scotch costs £2-3, local Spanish wine at 60-70 pence a litre, and cigarettes at 50-90 pence a pack. It was tough but I made it back.

WEERA for president.lol
cheers

LOL! It's not the Presidency Election yet here Tex, but it's the governor..  8) 8) 8)

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2007, 11:31:01 pm »
You will have to make allowances for him Weera............Tex is getting long in the tooth, and is not as bright as he was........... ::)

:D

texasboy

« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2007, 05:30:15 am »
 ;D Thought you might like this one Billy..                                                                             
Oh dear. Spurs are 3-0 up at home to Man United on 29th September 2001. In a bid to impress his girlfriend, one unfortunate Tottenham fan stakes his entire mortgage on his boys to win the game. Cue Veron's only decent game for United who go on to maul Spurs 5-3 and a very embarrassed punter going home to an empty house.

cheers
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 05:36:43 am by texasboy »

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2007, 02:18:48 am »
Nice pic Tex............you have got some finesse after all ;D

:D

texasboy

« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2007, 05:23:42 am »
 ;D ;D ;D Since this thread might be a bit slow for a few weeks.  I thought NightWatchman might like to reminisce ;D

http://www.virginmedia.com/sport/football/features/henry-greatest-goals.php
cheers

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2007, 09:43:54 am »
well..  i finally have something to post about in this thread, haha.

The Galaxy vs Chelsea July 21st.. 

say what you want, but Beckham really will get me to watch a lot more MLS and in turn, Europe soccer (err, football) matches.  ;D

i love the game (especially after living in Spain for 5 months), but in my opinion, we really did need a super star over here to help ignite US interest in the sport.
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2007, 10:53:31 am »
Hey Chip.............Iwould have come over for a lot less than Beckham ::)

MinLo

« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2007, 04:49:59 pm »
Hey Chip.............I would have come over for a lot less than Beckham ::)

But would you of brought a fine female with ya Billy???.........

Well maybe if you brought your daughter but she's married to nice gent already so she doesn't count.....j/k :D

I think it will be interesting to actually see a world soccer star play here in the states but he maybe past his prime.......Either way he still the best player that MLS has...... :D :D :D

I still love my NFL..........It just sucks here because no other Convivea'ers here seem to care about the NFL........ :P

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2007, 05:34:20 pm »
Hey Chip.............I would have come over for a lot less than Beckham ::)

But would you of brought a fine female with ya Billy???.........

Well maybe if you brought your daughter but she's married to nice gent already so she doesn't count.....j/k :D

I think it will be interesting to actually see a world soccer star play here in the states but he maybe past his prime.......Either way he still the best player that MLS has...... :D :D :D

I still love my NFL..........It just sucks here because no other Convivea'ers here seem to care about the NFL........ :P

why would l want to bring a female Minlo??.............you have got plenty there, and besides, the females over here are getting wise to my tricks, so a whole bunch of new ones sounds good to me ;)