RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Where am I?  (Read 598252 times)

cissie

Re: Where am I?
« Reply #660 on: November 01, 2007, 07:26:46 pm »
Well i am not technically minded.. and apart from Billy and you, no one talks to me.. so i mainly stay in another forum now.. :(

MinLo

« Reply #661 on: November 03, 2007, 04:56:14 pm »
;D  Very quiet round here lately.lol
The first part of a premier Med football team and adding the name of a large Dark Continent port will give you easy clues to my exciting venue for this past weekend.
Where am I ??
cheers

Tera had our second daughter on 10/26/07, so I've been more than busy...........I'm surprised I'm even on right now.......LOL

Somebody at the doctors office told us we had Irish Twins......I'm sure Tex, Billy, and Cissie know what it is......I had to look it up on the web to figure it out......

I used to have too much time now I don't have enough....... >:(

Eventually here I'll post new pics of Arieanna and then Pics of Keyeanna........

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 03, 2007, 08:47:11 pm »
Congratulations Minlo..............you have been busy LOL

texasboy

« Reply #663 on: November 04, 2007, 08:11:11 am »
 ;D ;D ;D  Never mind "where am I." LOL where was MinLo when we needed him.?
Hope you and Tera and the young ones are fine. Best wishes.

The question, of course, is why such details of birth would be described as distinctively "Irish," and thereby hangs an unfortunate tale. The use of "Irish" as a derogatory prefix in a variety of vernacular terms dates back to at least the 17th century, and arose largely in response to large-scale Irish immigration into both England and America. It's a sad fact that every immigrant group encounters hostility at least at first, and the Irish became the butt of numerous linguistic jokes in both countries commenting on their "strangeness," poverty or supposed proclivities for drunkenness, violence and loose morality. Thus "Irish confetti" was slang for bricks used as projectiles, an "Irish kiss" was a slap in the face, an "Irish banjo" was a shovel, and so on. (For a good rundown of anti-Irish slurs and terms of national prejudice in general, I recommend Hugh Rawson's excellent book Wicked Words).

In the case of "Irish twins" or "Irish triplets," the slur was actually a triple-whammy, implying that the Irish were more likely to bear children in quick succession because of the Catholic Church's proscription of birth control, less likely to restrain themselves from procreating, and unable to understand the proper meaning of the terms "twins" and "triplets."

Hows that MinLo.lol
cheers
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 08:39:50 am by texasboy »

cissie

« Reply #664 on: November 04, 2007, 01:53:27 pm »
Congratulations on the arrival of your new beautiful daughter.  My best wishes and hugs to you both.  Can't wait to see a family pic of the 4 of you... or if not.. the pair of "twins" would be lovely... well done

texasboy

« Reply #665 on: November 08, 2007, 04:22:46 am »
;D  Very quiet round here lately.lol
The first part of a premier Med football team and adding the name of a large Dark Continent port will give you easy clues to my exciting venue for this past weekend.
Where am I ??
cheers

;D Just to round this one up for those of you in OZ that are not technically minded. :D
This clue was posted on the weekend of the Brazilian Grand Prix. So was a dead giveaway INTERLAGOS.
Inter(Milan) and Lagos the largest seaport in Nigeria (Africa,the dark continent.) So when all the F1 drivers were flying round the "interlagos " circuit ,you lot didnt give it a thought.lol
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 08, 2007, 08:12:31 pm »
Bloody hell.....how come I didn't think of that :-\

texasboy

« Reply #667 on: December 10, 2007, 08:20:41 am »
Bloody hell.....how come I didn't think of that :-\
Well Billy,  Here`s another one for you to think about and it even involves football.lol.

I am in a warm city , a port,and financial centre. Your fathers automobile is a good clue . Inter Milan has a player associated with my city..
Where the hell am I ?????????
cheers.
Answers on a postcard please. >:D

Dont forget this little bit of fun is open to all members  old and new. Try your luck.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 04:24:24 am by texasboy »

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 10, 2007, 11:16:37 am »
Cortina...... :-*

texasboy

« Reply #669 on: December 11, 2007, 04:07:40 am »
Cortina...... :-*

Ah, I remember them well. Drove a bright red rental car  in 1978 while visiting Ireland.
Not too shabby billy, patrick V  would be impressed with your answer, unfortunately I am not. ;D
cheers
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 04:26:38 am by texasboy »

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 11, 2007, 07:08:10 pm »
vauxall......velox

texasboy

« Reply #671 on: December 12, 2007, 09:37:41 am »
vauxall......velox

Yer "blank BILLY". this players place of birth is all you need to find the answer. He even played for NWM`s favourite team from 1996-2005.  Rally round.(now even thats another clue >:D)
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 12, 2007, 06:44:48 pm »
Casablanca......

(must get this before Chip does)

:(

texasboy

« Reply #673 on: December 13, 2007, 07:46:55 am »
Casablanca......

(must get this before Chip does)

:(

Humphrey Bogart didnt play for Inter Milan or that other team that NWM supports. We need more help on this thread. ;D
cheers

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 13, 2007, 08:16:43 am »
Sorry, haven't been looking at this thread lately.

Maybe he needs directions? 14°40'20" North, 17°25'22" West

I find it almost unfair that I answer this... after Billy has gone through so much...