RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: OLD - Re: Bit Che - Translators Wanted!  (Read 123924 times)

merlinolillo

Re: OLD - Re: Bit Che - Translators Wanted!
« Reply #210 on: June 17, 2007, 11:15:33 pm »
Ok!  ;D  In about a couple of days you'll have it! I will be able to get access to Guevara Edition too?  ::)

sqbol

« Reply #211 on: June 18, 2007, 03:42:43 am »
Hi there!

I'm posting the CORRECTED Polish translation. The one made by Lenrok had some strange mistakes, like "mnuViewRemoved" was translated as "the view that was removed", etc.

This one should be fine. If someone has any comments/recommendations, feel free to contact me!

sqbol

« Reply #212 on: June 18, 2007, 03:46:03 am »
yeah... forgot to attach the file...  :P

[edit]to remove old attached ini[/edit]
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 03:44:32 am by Bovski »

Offline Exoskeletor

• Live And Let Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2007, 06:28:22 am »
since now how many languages do we have?

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2007, 07:06:47 am »
i believe we are up to around something like 37..

sqbol, i noticed you're located in Mexico? but you are fluent in Polish? Studying abroad or working or something?
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

sqbol

« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2007, 02:18:21 pm »
yeah chip, its quite a long story - bottom line is that I'm Polish and I'm living in Mexico now (so if you need some help in Spanish, just holler at me man! :P )

MinLo

« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2007, 05:08:42 pm »
yeah chip, its quite a long story - bottom line is that I'm Polish and I'm living in Mexico now (so if you need some help in Spanish, just holler at me man! :P )

Well thank you for the improved translation.........your activated for "Guevara"  :)

Ok!  ;D  In about a couple of days you'll have it! I will be able to get access to Guevara Edition too?  ::)
yes you will ...........

merlinolillo

« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2007, 10:51:09 pm »
Here is the 100% Italian translation! It should be perfect. I've checked it. If there are any problems I'll fix them, but I don't think. I hope to have created a good job!  ;D  If you have to translate other software to Italian, ask me without any problem! Many compliments to Chip for this fabulous software and many thanks to MinLo for this opportunity!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 10:54:14 pm by merlinolillo »

MinLo

« Reply #218 on: June 19, 2007, 03:32:52 am »
Here is the 100% Italian translation! It should be perfect. I've checked it. If there are any problems I'll fix them, but I don't think. I hope to have created a good job!  ;D  If you have to translate other software to Italian, ask me without any problem! Many compliments to Chip for this fabulous software and many thanks to MinLo for this opportunity!  ;)

Thanks.....Your activated  :)

askimko

« Reply #219 on: June 20, 2007, 03:09:48 am »
I am always looking for translators to help create language files. The ones we have currently are:

• English  - by Chip
  • Arabic  - by sHaDYvB
  • Bosnian - by denoza
  • Brazilian Portuguese  - by jonasflores
  • Bulgarian  - by th3.r00t
  • Castellano - by ilgattopunx
  • Chinese(Simp) - by laomms
  • Chinese(Trad) - by laomms
  • Chinese_BIG5 - by Jeff Lu
  • Croatian  - by r2b
  • Czech - by ZaM
  • Danish - by Grunt
  • Dutch  - by Jan Van der Borght
  • EspaƱol - by Djiraan
  • Faroese - by Cruiser
  • Farsi - by BehnaM
  • Filipino   - by pumpysworld
  • Finnish  - by Petri
  • French  - by Sabnorton
  • German - by LeonardB.
  • Greek  - by Exoskeletor
  • Hebrew - by pukiman
  • Italian  - by Terence Hill, Cyber Panda
  • Lithuanian - by GizmoiD
  • Norwegian  - by Thomas Iversen
  • Polish - by lenrok
  • Portuguese  - by Pook
  • Romanian  - by Betyna
  • romana diacritics - Radu Vancea
  • Romana no Diacritics - Radu Vancea
  • Russian  - by Rarst
  • Serbian  - by Ivan Tatic
  • Slovak - by tahanko
  • Slovenian  - by ftwyeah
  • Swedish  - by Karill
  • Turkish - by teeching

Instructions for translating Bit Che into your language:

1. Download the latest version of the English translation file:
http://www.convivea.com/download/English.ini

2. Save 'English.ini' to the new language you are translating to. For example:  'NewLanguage.ini'
Put this file in your "C:\Program Files\Bit Che\Languages\" directory (unless you installed it somewhere else).

3. Edit this 'NewLanguage.ini' and translate only the text to the right of the '=' signs.  For example,  if you see   "mnuH=Hello"  then only translate the word 'Hello'.

4. Load up Bit Che and check to make sure the translations appear correctly. You might need to shorten the text for some of the buttons to appear correctly.

5. Once you are pleased with your results, attach your language file here to a forum post:
To do this, make a reply post here in this thread. While you are editing your post, you will see a link at the bottom that says "(Additional Options)".. click that and a file upload box will be displayed which will allow you to attach your language.ini straight to your post here.

and then you are done!

If you have any questions or any problems, don't hesitate to ask!   :)

Ps, I have a large database of country flags so you don't need to worry about the country flag icon.

Thank you in advance!
-chip

turegum's Tips for translators:

- Download and install Azureus (or uTorrent) and then toggle between English an your own language (tools-options-interface-language). Azureus has most of the torrenting related words you need already translated.
- If you have your own language Firefox you can compare the translations with and English version.
- Some Open Source projects (like GNOME) might have a localization pages including a computer related word dictionary on the local language web site. Check / Google that.
- Other sources: Babelfish, Google Rosetta project, computer dictionaries, Local language pages in Wikipedia, torrenting related translated ebooks, the torrenting geek sitting next to you...

Work slowly. If you get stuck with an expression or word, leave it for a while and come back to it later. don't try to force the translation.

Language Pack Attached Last updated 2007/04/16
Just extract to your languages folder
thanks

sqbol

« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2007, 03:35:54 am »
Hey guys
Thanks for the activation, now I have some comments about the program:
there are some things that still come in English (and their strings don't appear in the language.ini), e.g.:
- Close Tab (when you hold cursor over the tab's X icon)
- Search! (cursor over "Search" button)
- Include results based on the torrent descriptions and filenames ("Include Description Searches" checkbox)
- Donate and Support Bit Che! ("PayPal Donate" button)
- Close All Tabs (X button below the "PayPal Donate" btn)
- Guevara Edition (the "About" window)

Also, I corrected some things that didn't fit in the spaces in the Guevara Edition (cause I didn't know what they would look like, until I got the activation), so I'm re-submitting the Polish translation.

edit: some more things with missing strings:

In the REMOVED RESULTS window:
- window title
- names of all the columns (name, size, seeders, leechers, ratio, source, reason)

Tools -> Update Scripts (everything: updating scripts, connecting, update complete, all scripts have been updated, etc)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 02:59:17 am by sqbol »

merlinolillo

« Reply #221 on: June 21, 2007, 11:29:02 pm »
Many thanks to activated me to the Guevara Edition!  ;D It's really cool! I'm sure my Italian translation will be very useful for many Italian users who want to use this beautiful software but don't know foreign languages. I'm happy about it!  :D

furonin

« Reply #222 on: June 26, 2007, 05:51:33 pm »
hi,

i have been using this nifty piece of software for a small while now. so, here is my estonian translation for it. hopefully someone has some use for it. some things i was unable to test (Guevara Edition). of course, language file will be revised and updated (and 'prettyfied') when needed and possible.
keep up the good work,

rgrds,
ronin

edit: how can i translate removed results window? plain adding [removed_results] didn't help.
edit edit: heh, it did. pretty nifty. why is [removed_results] section missing in the original .ini file?
edit edit edit: managed to attach updated eesti.ini file.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:48:34 pm by furonin »

crossover

« Reply #223 on: July 12, 2007, 07:31:00 am »
Hello, new user here,
I see that the serbian translation has already been done...how about a hungarian one?  ;)

MinLo

« Reply #224 on: July 12, 2007, 03:25:16 pm »
Hello, new user here,
I see that the serbian translation has already been done...how about a hungarian one?  ;)

Sure why not.....LOL.....You'll get Guevara when you complete it