Author Topic: FAQ....Anti Virus stating Virus with Bit Che??  (Read 170645 times)

xenoch

FAQ....Anti Virus stating Virus with Bit Che??
« on: January 12, 2009, 09:17:29 pm »
i love bit che it is a great little app but this morning when i tried to use it norton has removed it when i tried re install it tells me it has a suspicous mh690 heuristic virus

please help

UPDATE!!

Should be all fixed, I got this message today!:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are writing in relation to your submission through Symantec's on-line
False Positive Dispute Submission form for your Bit Che software version
1.0 being detected by Symantec Software. In light of further
investigation and analysis Symantec is happy to remove this detection
from within its products.

The updated detection will be distributed in the next set of virus
definitions, available daily, or weekly via LiveUpdate, depending on
Symantec product version, or daily from our website at

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/defs.download.html.

Decisions made by Symantec are subject to change if alterations to the
Software are made over time or as classification criteria and/or the
policy employed by Symantec changes over time to address the evolving
landscape.

Sincerely,

Symantec Security Response
http://securityresponse.symantec.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So when ever Norton releases there next virus definition everything should run as it was........
Thanks for everybody's patience Smiley

Thankx MinLo
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:46:17 am by chip! »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: FAQ....Antivirus stating Virus with BitChe "mh690"
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 02:08:19 am »
i love   bit che  it  is  a  great  little  app but  this  morning  when i tried  to use  it   norton   has  removed  it  when  i tried  re install  it  tells  me  it  has a suspicous  mh690 heuristic virus

please help   :'( [cry]

As stated many times, there is no virus in Bit_Che.exe....   ASSUMING you downloaded it from our main servers, and have not obtained it from some other shady source..

What to do?

1. Report to Norton/Symantec that the Bit_Che.exe is a false positive. You should have some sort of 'submit sample' button or feature.
2. Turn Nortons protections off.
3. Install Bit Che.
4. Go to Norton and find the option to add an exception to the real-time protection, and add Bit Che to this.
5. Then you can turn on your real-time protection again Norton and use Bit Che.

OR!

Uninstall Norton (since its one of the worst AV products).. and install a good one.. such as AVG, Kaspersky, NOD32.. maybe even Avast!

« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 02:18:04 am by MinLo »
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

MinLo

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 02:16:18 am »
Chip you beat me to it...I took too long to get the info... :D :D :D

Offline peacefulguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 04:52:39 pm »
I have tried installing the new version of Bit che and now it wont work. I keep  getting this message thats attached. I have tried installing the old version, but the same keeps happening.  :( I hope you can help as this is the best for finding what I want and easy to use.

Thank you in anticipation  ;D

Peacefulguy

Offline fuzzytomcat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 05:50:32 pm »
I have tried installing the new version of Bit che and now it wont work. I keep  getting this message thats attached. I have tried installing the old version, but the same keeps happening.  :( I hope you can help as this is the best for finding what I want and easy to use.

Thank you in anticipation  ;D

Peacefulguy

Hey Peacefulguy,

Welcome to Convivea forum !

I see by your desktop photo you have "Norton" 360, try starting all over by deleting Bit Che clean up your file system with your register cleaner "TURN OFF" Norton 360, reinstall Bit Che, and then turn back on Norton.

This should work if not re-post what happened and well go from there !

Fuzzy
 ;D

nicebadboy518

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 02:57:30 am »
all of a sudden bit che doesnt work, i check and it was gone so i tried to reinstall it but my norton says bitche.exe is infected with mh690 and removes it ever time i install it. is this a virus? what should i do about this i love the program.

MinLo

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 03:01:22 am »

As stated many times, there is no virus in Bit_Che.exe....ASSUMING you downloaded it from our main servers, and have not obtained it from some other shady source..

What to do?

1. Report to Norton/Symantec that the Bit_Che.exe is a false positive. You should have some sort of 'submit sample' button or feature.
3. Install Bit Che.
4. Go to Norton and find the option to add an exception to the real-time protection, and add Bit Che to this.

OR!

Uninstall Norton (since its one of the worst AV products).. and install a good one.. such as AVG, Kaspersky, NOD32.. maybe even Avast!

It's been discussed before........There isn't a virus attached to BitChe, it is a FALSE postive........Do as stated above to correct the problem......

I'm going to move this to the appropriate location for discussion......http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?board=2.0
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 03:32:34 am by MinLo »

MinLo

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 03:28:12 am »
As stated many times, there is no virus in Bit_Che.exe.........ASSUMING you downloaded it from our main servers, and have not obtained it from some other shady source........

What to do?

3. Install Bit Che.

Recently it has been Norton/Symantec claiming a false positive so that is why it is directed towards Norton/Symantec but the process could be applied to any of the antivirus products claiming to have found BitChe containing a virus.......
I repeat there is no virus within the BitChe .exe if you obtained from the Convivea Site.......

Offline mom24mosters

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 09:41:19 am »
Hi all!  I'm hoping somebody can help me with this.  I did some Windows Virus, I mean Vista updates for Monday the 12th.  After it did that, it has gotten rid of any EXE files having to do with Bit Che, and it won't run.  Anybody have any ideas as to how to fix this?  I've already rolled back my computer and got it working again, but when I redid the updates, away they went again.  It even deleted the installation file that I had saved to my hard drive just in case I had to reinstall the program, and it wasn't nice enough to put them in my recycle bin, I looked, they are gone.  Reinstalling the program doesn't help, it won't allow it to put the Bit_Che.exe file back in the Bit Che directory.

Thanks!

Deb

Offline peacefulguy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 11:45:49 am »
Thanks for that it worked a treat  ;) I also had to add Bit che to the exclusions in Nortons.

Doing the happy dance,

Peacefulguy

Offline esee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 02:38:49 am »
Bit Che was deleted from my computer. My firewall allows bit che, but I can't even install again?? What can I do and why did it happen.  When I install the install does not complete. The exe file is deleted before it can be copied to the programs folder. [cry]

MinLo

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 03:52:16 am »
IDK........I have XP and just updated but BitChe still functioning

Maybe Chip will have a better idea......He will post as soon as he gets to it

MinLo

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 03:56:33 am »
Bit Che was deleted from my computer. My firewall allows bit che, but I can't even install again?? What can I do and why did it happen.  When I install the install does not complete. The exe file is deleted before it can be copied to the programs folder. [cry]

What windows are you using?

Offline fuzzytomcat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 05:23:59 am »

Welcome to Convivea forum !

Some automatic Anti Virus software depending on the manufacture like "NORTON" the updates can remove Bit Che from your computer.

Try starting all over by deleting Bit Che clean up your file system with a register cleaner "TURN OFF" your anti virus software, reinstall Bit Che, and then turn back on your anti virus software.

This should work if not re-post what happened and well go from there !

Thanks,
Fuzzy
 ;D

Offline peacefulguy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 08:15:33 am »
Hi, I had the same kind of problem and solved it with the help of Fuzzy. I switched off my Nortons anti virus and reinstalled Bit che. I then reactivated my Nortons and added Bit che to the anti virus exclusions list. It now works ok  :)
Hope this helps.

Peacefulguy